Sponsored

Rubicon rear steel bumper on Sahara

Choobys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
So the install was fairly simple. For the end-caps I ended up cutting off the rubicon ones and bolting them on to the Sahara ones. The alignment is not 100% but pretty good. Iā€™m sure if someone made a braket to bolt up to the outside of the end-caps it would make the fit little more aligned.

B76A78CA-0475-40CF-A86F-E9E9A78F82B1.jpeg

071D68C6-3ADA-40E8-8498-B152D0CA311C.jpeg

1DB3AFAB-8FFA-4E2A-A301-B3D7B6D3E2E1.jpeg

EFFDD0E4-E1B6-4FA4-AC48-EE641E37A509.jpeg

55E0C02C-2A7B-440B-BF26-7D1259CB5F99.jpeg

hey boss. I just used your idea today. Thanks for the idea! Wondering if youā€™ve had any problems since? No wind flutter? No additional mountings you did since then?

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing. The only thing different I think I would have done is to use the inner skeleton from the Sahara bumper, so that it holds a little tighter. But what I did works also!

Sponsored

ShineJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler
Hey guys. Just throwing this out there. Wouldnā€™t it be easier to just buy a pair of Rubicon rear flares/liners and call it a day? Arent the Rubicon fenders wider too?

Iā€™ve got a Moab and thinking about the steel rear bumper with the Rubicon rear flares.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon rear steel bumper on Sahara CB44C64A-8C85-4D2D-B681-814E9F56D109
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon rear steel bumper on Sahara 8A817999-9A91-4F0F-891C-9AEA12450AB8

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys ā€œEditionā€ TBD Mar 2021
Last edited:

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
For the creative geniuses in this thread do you think it's possible (and how) to affix these Rubicon end-cap parts to a stock Sahara rear bumper to align with Rubi fender flares?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rear-bumper-end-cap-wrangler-jl-rubicon-plastic-bumper

Thanks,

Pete

Bump anyone ever get an answer?
Hi,

To my knowledge..., the problem is the bracket. Rubi bracket that hold everything tight is not compatible with the stock ā€œplasticā€ Sahara bumper. I would recommend you look for a good deal on a metal bumper, would then fit like a charm.

On the other end, maybe the bracket could be modified.

Dom

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

To my knowledge..., the problem is the bracket. Rubi bracket that hold everything tight is not compatible with the stock ā€œplasticā€ Sahara bumper. I would recommend you look for a good deal on a metal bumper, would then fit like a charm.

On the other end, maybe the bracket could be modified.

Dom
My bad, I thought the above was about the using Rubi plastic bumper ends on the rubi steel all on a Sahara.

I just put a steel rubi on my Sahara, and didn't realize there's a gap. Im not looking to cut anything to mod.

Sponsored

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
My bad, I thought the above was about the using Rubi plastic bumper ends on the rubi steel all on a Sahara.

I just put a steel rubi on my Sahara, and didn't realize there's a gap. Im not looking to cut anything to mod.
Hey, no worry. Without mod, I donā€™t believe itā€™s possible. You could Install Rubi Fender flare! I thought about it for a while on my Sahara. Changing all Fender Flare. Honestly, at this point I regret not buying the Rubi. lol

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, no worry. Without mod, I donā€™t believe itā€™s possible. You could Install Rubi Fender flare! I thought about it for a while on my Sahara. Changing all Fender Flare. Honestly, at this point I regret not buying the Rubi. lol
Quite honestly, if I knew they wouldn't line up, I probably would have kept the plastic bumper. Unfortunately all the work to take the plastic apart and move the sensors means I'm not going back to plastic.....ugh

I just looked up the cost of fender flare...that's funny....might as well change to a non molar bumper for that cost. and save a tone of money... :)

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Quite honestly, if I knew they wouldn't line up, I probably would have kept the plastic bumper. Unfortunately all the work to take the plastic apart and move the sensors means I'm not going back to plastic.....ugh

I just looked up the cost of fender flare...that's funny....might as well change to a non molar bumper for that cost. and save a tone of money... :)
Yep, definitely. Also a good solution! :)

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
New problem..... I have rubicon take offs, and the bumper is sitting about 1/2 to high for the spare.
Any one know if the Sahara spare mount can be raised??

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
New problem..... I have rubicon take offs, and the bumper is sitting about 1/2 to high for the spare.
Any one know if the Sahara spare mount can be raised??
With a spare tire relocation bracket. Many on the market
Sponsored