The end caps can be ordered separately not sure what the part number is

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited MOAB, 2000 XJ Sport, 1978 CJ7 BAMF
The end caps can be ordered separately not sure what the part number is
Yeah I've got those linked there at the bottom. What I wanted to know is if I get the steel bumper and order the endcaps specifically made to go with the steel bumper, will these mate up with my fenders without having to cut or modify at all. Sorry I wasn't really clear in my first post.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I've got those linked there at the bottom. What I wanted to know is if I get the steel bumper and order the endcaps specifically made to go with the steel bumper, will these mate up with my fenders without having to cut or modify at all. Sorry I wasn't really clear in my first post.
No, there are no end-caps for steel bumper that bolt right I’m to match the sahara fenders you are gonna have to chop them!

Sponsored

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So the install was fairly simple. For the end-caps I ended up cutting off the rubicon ones and bolting them on to the Sahara ones. The alignment is not 100% but pretty good. I’m sure if someone made a braket to bolt up to the outside of the end-caps it would make the fit little more aligned.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon rear steel bumper on Sahara {filename}

Hi bro, just a question, you didn't have to buy any other parts but just the rear metal bumper with sensor holes right? No extra bolts, or nuts to get? Or do we use the existing bolts and nuts from the plastic bumper? Do you happen to have the complete list of parts to order to make the rear steel bumper installation complete? Appreciate :)

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Everything bolts up with existing hardware. You might have to order the plastic sensor holders for the steel bumper if your bumper doesn’t come with them.

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Everything bolts up with existing hardware. You might have to order the plastic sensor holders for the steel bumper if your bumper doesn’t come with them.
Thank you so much for the clarification! Yeap I probably have to get the plastic sensor holders. So I'll be getting just the steel bumper then! Thanks so much!

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So this happened today (hit and rub in the parking lot while I was at work) on my MOAB and am thinking of doing the steel bumper. Could I order these end caps and avoid the modifyig?

Bumper:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/r...jl-steel-bumper-park-assist-system-68295568AC

End Caps Driver and Passenger:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/driver-side-rear-bumper-end-cap-jl-steel-bumper-68295581AB

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/passenger-side-rear-bumper-endcap-jl-steel-bumper-68295580AB

I looked everywhere for the end caps with no luck so I got creative. I used end caps from the steel bumper and the plastic bumper and combined them together. To hold them together I used the push clips which actually matched the bolts on the steel bumper. Here's a pic of it below. Basically I cut the bulging part of the steel bumper end cap in order for the plastic bumper end caps to slide over the steel one. You have to keep the steel caps because they bolt right into the bumper. Then the inner plastic piece of the plastic caps you'll want to reuse. You'll just need to cut areas as needed and keep as much surface from the steel caps so the plastic caps have a surface to clip to.

Last edited:

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I looked everywhere for the end caps with no luck so I got creative. I used end caps from the steel bumper and the plastic bumper and combined them together. To hold them together I used the push clips which actually matched the bolts on the steel bumper. Here's a pic of it below. Basically I cut the bulging part of the steel bumper end cap in order for the plastic bumper end caps to slide over the steel one. You have to keep the steel caps because they bolt right into the bumper. Then the inner plastic piece of the plastic caps you'll want to reuse. You'll just need to cut areas as needed and keep as much surface from the steel caps so the plastic caps have a surface to clip to.

Is there a video of this? I’ think I’ll need help!

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hi all,

I’m having an issue and can’t seem to figure out how to mount the Sahara end caps, to the Steel bumpers.

my question is do I use the Rubicon brackets as seen in photo?

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I’m having an issue and can’t seem to figure out how to mount the Sahara end caps, to the Steel bumpers.

Hi all,

yes but those metal brackets are only to help secure the plastic piece that sits right under the wheel well liners. To secure the end caps you will use the rubicon skeleton bracket and secure the Sahara end caps to it but you will have to trim that plastic bracket so that the end cap fits over it.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Do you have photos of the rubicon skeleton brackets that secured end caps

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads