First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
There’s already too much equity built into the Rubicon name to turn it into a value package.

FCA has no reason to do it. As it sits, Rubicons are selling at a generous price premium, and Rubicons make a greater proportion of Wrangler sales mix than their premium price would suggest.

In so many words, “Rubicon”, in both JL and JT guise, is a permit to print money. FCA would be foolish to screw it up.
Did BMW do something similar with the M package for all the non-M trims though? Agree with what you stated but if BMW is having success, maybe FCA would doing it with the Rubicon package?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did BMW do something similar with the M package for all the non-M trims though? Agree with what you stated but if BMW is having success, maybe FCA would doing it with the Rubicon package?
Key difference though: M is/was a halo sub-brand with more image than sales; Rubicon is a trim with significant sales volume behind it.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
My Chevy dealership where I buy my Tahoes is also bmw. I feel like everything has m series splashed on it anymore. It’s all mostly cosmetic. Kinda like what gmc is doing with the at4 branding. They r throwing it on everything but it’s cosmetic. Audi has been doing it for years with the s line badging. That used to be an upgrade package years ago now it’s a few cosmetic things.

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
I so hope this is true. Just read this post over on ExpeditionPortal.

Rubicon now a $5k package option on all Wranglers

In an effort to provide consumers with what they actually desire, Jeep has announced it will begin offering the Rubicon as a $5k package for all Wranglers from the Sport through the High Altitude. The package will consist of heavy-duty Dana 44 axles with 5.13 gears, larger brakes and factory 37" tires. The package will also include a 4:1 low-gear ratio Rock-Trac® 4x4 System and front and rear Tru-Lok® electronic locking differentials. The Jeep Performance Parts 2-inch lift kit will come standard and other popular accessories such as a snorkel, winch, etc. will now be available as factory options.

Absolutely no idea if this is true or where this person heard it, but I do hope it is true.
My 2 Cents...I don't buy it at all.
That gear ratio and the 37's from the factory are the giveaway. I would like to know if in Jeep history any ratio above 4.11's have been offered.
If you said 4.56 and 35's, I'd prob buy it as a possibility to compete with the Bronco Sasquach pkg.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
:LOL::LOL::LOL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
Yeah there is no way none of this is true. You lost me at 5.13 gears.

Are we sure that we aren't being pranked??

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I think all of that at 5k to compete with the Bronco is a great idea but they lose me as well at 37’s. The 5.13’s wouldn’t cost more but the tires, wheels, and suspension geometry changes and part number additions would make that price unfeasible. That’s without the safety changes accounted for.

I think a rear locker, sway disconnect, and 35’s alone would be marketable

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I highly doubt this. I mean, wouldn't it basically eliminate the Rubicon model? The only thing left would be the letters and hood.

I guess I feel like the reason the Rubicon trim exists in the first place is for people that want those things.

What would be more believable is that they add an upgrade package option to the Rubicons that maybe gives people the option to add some of this stuff like even bigger tires ,etc. That would make more sense.

No way they make it available for every trim level though.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I think if the Bronco is successful (obviously big if) and, furthermore, their Sasquatch package is popular, we'll see a similar option on jeeps. And it doesn't have to be everything the rubi has. The Sasquatch adds a lift, bigger tires, lockers, and better drive ratio. Even if a rubi package would "just" be lockers, lift, and tires, that would be awesome.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
For years I've been saying Jeep missed an opportunity by making Rubicon an upscale model rather than an off road package available on all models. I've got a 2012 Rubicon in the garage right now. By far the worst part of getting ready for Summer is taking the doors off. I so wish it didn't have power windows, locks and mirrors. I've got a 2021 Rubicon on order and wish there was a power delete package (did I just say that out loud?)
Even without power options on the JK, there's a still a harness to the doors for the door jamb switch. No wires to the doors when away with the TJ. That being said, I'd love to have the JK connector again, the JL/JT one is a pain and lots of people end up bending pins plugging them back in.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
If it weren't for the bronco I'd say this was complete BS. We're finally getting a hemi so I think anything is possible.
I agree with this. Competition is FINALLY making Jeep/Fiat/Stellantis? give the customer what we've been asking for for AGES. Kinda almost makes them look negative for not being more customer oriented to begin with. At least they gave us the JT without needing a competitor to come out with something similar first (aside from Tacoma TRD/ZR2 Bison).