First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense.

Learning that I was test driving Wranglers, a JLUR/Pentastar-owning friend recommended the V6 twelve ways to Sunday. And so I gave that engine a fair chance, driving several new V6 JLUs (manuals and autos).

To be frank, I came away disappointed, figuring that engine should have had a lot more grunt than I observed. I eventually ordered the 2.0T w/the 850RE, sight- (and test drive) unseen, hoping that the online review trends and opinions of that powertrain were accurate.

They were. :)
In my opinion, horse power numbers don't mean much off of a racetrack, unless one is the type to enjoy high revving commutes to and from work. Torque is where it's at, because it comes in at the low to mid rpm range that we all spend the vast majority of our time in.

The v6 wasn't horrible, but it is undeniably a pig until the higher rpm range. I'm not a fan of having to scream an engine, just to wake it up.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
like you cherry picked your facts,
I, having lived with those facts, and video evidence of material failure makes your "cherry pick" comment rather ridiculous.