OP

Cuc717

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mojave
Thanks for all of the input, guys. I have found a few Moab's in my area that are used. I'm going to see what kind of deal I'll get. Thanks again!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Don’t forget the anti-spin LSD w/ Dana 44 rear axle.
You can get that on the Sport S as an option anyways so it’s not really that special.

I’m talking about things not accessible on the SportS

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon & 2017 TACO 4WD OFF ROAD
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone, long time viewer of this thread. I am finally going to pull the trigger on ordering a JL. I'm between the Sahara Altitude and Rubicon. The aggressive looks of the Rubicon and the offroad capabilities are pulling me towards it, but the Sahara Altitude's suspension and fulltime 4WD pulls me towards it as a daily driver (black accents are also pretty sweet). I live in Indiana where the winter is inconsistent and I constantly commute up to the Chicago/Wisconsin area to visit family. If the Moab was still around for this model year, that would've been a no-brainer for me, but it is sadly not available and the limited stock where I am from makes it very hard to negotiate a good price. What would you guys recommend and why? I would love to hear your thoughts and look forward to reading what everyone says.
As a native of Northeast Ohio, I've had my share of snow. It sounds like your principle use of a vehicle is to navigate through snow. If you're looking for better performance on snow between the Rubi and Altitude, the Altitude makes more sense. However, let me offer one of my observations after having owned 4 Jeeps (2 Rubis, 1 Commanche + 1 Grand Cherokee); the best vehicle I've ever had in snow was a Subaru. I know it sounds funny but my experience can save money for those who want comfort and capabilities. I'm not promoting Subaru, just focusing on capability and aesthetics and your objectives.
Sponsored