Sponsored

Rubicon on 37" tire review

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My JLR has almost 9,000 miles now with 36.7" tires and it has all been good. They really meet all the trail conditions I run nicely. I have the 3.6/auto. and a 2.75" lift(Mopar). I have aftermarket bumpers. I up graded the steering linkage from day one and have never had steering issues. I used AEV Pintler wheels to fit the tires in the stock fenders. There was the slightest of rubbing at the rear fender liner bump out. I early on heat gunned the bump out and pushed it in until it cooled. Issue solved. I do have a slight rub on the Synergy frt. LCA's at full steering lock but the contact point is a very small mark. The tire is a Cooper STT Pro and has large lugs. A small adjustment to the steering stops should fix that issue. A lesser luged 37" tire might not touch at all.
The Rubicon drivetrain has really turned out to be capable of handling this size tire. Mine has the 3.6/auto option and I have plenty of power. The gearing with the 8 spd. auto is functioning but 8th gear seldom happens. Because I don't drive the interstate much, I don't notice the loss. I would be more inclined to do a gear swap if did. I find the brakes to be adequate and hold well if tires have traction. About the only thing remaining to be determined is the longevity of the D44 differentials. Time will tell. I am glad it didn't go to 38's or bigger. 37's are pushing the balance scale towards tilt IMO.
my build... https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/showcase/member/sourdough.11614/
Sponsored