Sponsored

Rubicon OEM Tires KO2 or Wildpeak MT?

Would you prefer Wildpeak my or BFG KO2?

• Total voters
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ironically, I’ve read some recent posts where people have ordered their Rubicon with A/T tires and had the build sheet show up with the Falken M/T’s. So, whatever the original problem was; it’s now been flipped the other way. It sounds a little like tire roulette right now.

Mine is scheduled to arrive this week; at this point, I have no idea which tire will be on it.
Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ironically, I’ve read some recent posts where people have ordered their Rubicon with A/T tires and had the build sheet show up with the Falken M/T’s. So, whatever the original problem was; it’s now been flipped the other way. It sounds a little like tire roulette right now.

Mine is scheduled to arrive this week; at this point, I have no idea which tire will be on it.
they gave my tires to someone else that didn’t even want them!

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
my 2 cents...

I was lucky enough to have the Wildpeaks MT's already installed on my 19 JLUR, not knowing anything about these tires I decided not exchanging them for the KO2's and try them out. Regardless of the OG tire I plan on eventually upgrading to 35's/37's well before they wear out. So far, I have about 8800 miles on these tire's both on/off road in rock, dirt, sand, water, and mud. I can tell you that I am thoroughly impressed! there is some road noise, you can still carry on a conversation at speed with doors and top off, nothing like the MT's of old. I have already looked at the 35's in this style and might be pulling the trigger soon. My only issue is they are a bit heavier than most similar sized tires, they are E rated and airing down you don't see any real flex in sidewall until about 12 psi I noticed that some of my wheeling buddies get the same flex around 17-20psi however I'm no expert on that matter. All I can say is for the price of these MT's I thing they're worth it.

Whoever said that you'll get 25-30k miles out of them is clearly miss informed. If anyone takes the time to search for reviews they are good 4.5+ stars. The expedition portal review went as far as completing tread measurements at new and after 14k miles to show wear. They even broke down the math calculating over 63k miles that they'll get out of the tires on heavier duty vehicles than a Jeep. I hope this helps as I know for myself a little research goes a long way in helping me make a informed decision about major purchases.

attached are some review links on the MT tires.

https://simpletire.com/Reviews/items_reviews/31/12093/wildpeak-mt01
https://expeditionportal.com/long-term-review-falken-wildpeak-mt/
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/falken-wildpeak-m-t01

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
While I was originally skeptical about my Wildpeak MTs, after 5k miles I’m a convert. They are fine around town and on the highway, but I also just got a chance to test them in Moab on Golden Spike and the Pickle (both rated 7 out of 10 for difficulty) and I never lacked for traction (even at a relatively high 18 psi) and no sidewall damage. For comparison, a fellow Jeeper on those trails has 35” BFG AT KO2s and she said she wasn’t very happy with their traction (I know, kinda vague and unfortunately I didn’t drill down on her comment).

I also was skeptical about the snow performance of the Wildpeaks, but was finally able to test in today’s snow in Denver and they have great traction in 6” snow over ice. They are as good or better in this snow as Goodyear Silent Armors (my previous all around tires) and much better than Goodyear MTRs and old-style BFG ATs. In 6” of snow over ice, with the Wildpeaks, I can accelerate from a stand still on level ground while in 2wd and track straight, in MTRs or old-style BFG ATs I would fishtail.

As with John (previous poster) I may consider buying these in 35” next year (my unlifted JLUR on 33s was a turtle on Golden Spike, needing pulls 10 times due to low ground clearance; time for a small lift and 35s).
Sponsored

Last edited: