Sponsored

Rubicon OEM Tires KO2 or Wildpeak MT?

Would you prefer Wildpeak my or BFG KO2?

• Total voters

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
**Update**

I talked to my dealer today and they're getting no where with Chrysler... The dealer said they will order me the tires I wanted anyway. I can pick the jeep up earlier next week once they're mounted. Makes me happy the dealership is doing right by me even if Chrysler isn't.
That is great news, glad they are getting you setup with the right tires. Would suck to have to wait a week after delivery to pick up vehicle, but then your order and delivery time was already nuts fast.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
**Update**

I talked to my dealer today and they're getting no where with Chrysler... The dealer said they will order me the tires I wanted anyway. I can pick the jeep up earlier next week once they're mounted. Makes me happy the dealership is doing right by me even if Chrysler isn't.
Congratulations, nice to see a dealer step up

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I remember reading about that too, but completely didn’t think about the connection. Thanks for pointing that out. I bet it may be related. Some dealers could figure out the TWG was not taking and others just blindly sent it through. At least tires are about the easiest change to do.
Just curious if your Jeep arrived with the BFG A/T’s or the Falken Wildpeak M/T’s? I’m in the same boat (or in this case, Jeep) as you; my build sheet just showed up and lists the BFG’s instead of the Falken’s I ordered.

If so, did the dealer do anything to help correct the issue? I’m considering asking for a couple hundred in “Jeep Cash” to make up for the mistake.

Last edited:

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just curious if your Jeep arrived with the BFG A/T’s or the Falken Wildpeak M/T’s? I’m in the same boat (or in this case, Jeep) as you; my build sheet just showed up and lists the BFG’s instead of the Falken’s I ordered.

If so, did the dealer do anything to help correct the issue? I’m considering asking for a couple hundred in “Jeep Cash” to make up for the mistake.
I haven’t received the Jeep yet, but based on order and other post, I imagine it will have AT. Will have to see what dealer does about it.

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I haven’t received the Jeep yet, but based on order and other post, I imagine it will have AT. Will have to see what dealer does about it.
Okay, thanks. I’m willing to bet all of us will end up with the BFG’s. I’ll let you guys know once mine arrives.

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
just for a pure retail price the KO2 tires are 235 each and the wildpeak MT are 140 each so if you are paying more for the MT don't do it. also the Falkens have a 25K-30K mile rating is all the KO2 are 50K-80K a tire.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just found my build sheet on crypto sticker too, and it seems to list the BFG K02

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
just for a pure retail price the KO2 tires are 235 each and the wildpeak MT are 140 each so if you are paying more for the MT don't do it. also the Falkens have a 25K-30K mile rating is all the KO2 are 50K-80K a tire.
Where do you see the wildpeaks for 140? At discount tire they show at $232 and the KO2 at $243. I didn’t see any MT tires of the same size for as low as 140. Also where did you see the mileage rating of 25-30k? The KO2 have a treadlife warranty of 50k. I’ve not seen tread life warranty on MT tires. My BFG mud terrain KM rubicon take off tires have over 50k miles on them and still have at least 10k left. I have no way to guess what the wildpeaks may last, but 25k seems really low unless there is some evidence this is the case?

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
Walmart had them back in June at 140 each. most MT are about 25K miles if you are lucky 30K+ miles. its all on how hard are you on them.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Walmart had them back in June at 140 each. most MT are about 25K miles if you are lucky 30K+ miles. its all on how hard are you on them.
Oh ok, thanks for providing the context for the source of your information.

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just found my build sheet on crypto sticker too, and it seems to list the BFG K02
My vehicle came in the other day. It had the bfg KO2 AT and not the falken MT. My dealer swapped them out, no hassles. (At least I hope so, still haven’t been allowed to pick up my vehicle) I dunno what is going on with the MT tire order code.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for updating us Rob, i was actually just logging in to ask you

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for updating us Rob, i was actually just logging in to ask you
I just put on over 500 miles (mostly 55-75mph highway). Love the tires so far. No problems with road noise or wandering around. Very happy with how they look vs the KO2 as well. My spare is still a KO2 until the dealer gets another Falken M/T in to swap out for it. I hope they work out long similar to how my BFG KMs did.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Rob did you order heated seats? I was looking at the order guide and the cold weather package there includes the KO2, though it’s not shown in the site or any other place.. thinking the order code for falken gets over ridden by the cold weather package

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Rob did you order heated seats? I was looking at the order guide and the cold weather package there includes the KO2, though it’s not shown in the site or any other place.. thinking the order code for falken gets over ridden by the cold weather package
No, I only had 4 options. Auto trans, hard top, tow package, MT tires. I looked through the orders on cryptostickers and while my method was far from scientific, I could not find any rubicons ordered mid to late august that had the falkens but started seeing them again around the beginning of September. It seems like their ordering system had some kind of issue, perhaps related to what was previously mentioned regarding upgraded rims being required for a time to order the MTs
Sponsored