Sponsored

Rubicon OEM Tires KO2 or Wildpeak MT?

Would you prefer Wildpeak my or BFG KO2?

• Total voters
OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I found another 2020 rubicon order on cryptostickers that clearly has the mud terrains listed in the build list. So it looks like mine will be arriving with the wrong tire, since it just lists the standard ones. Hopefully your build list has the right ones.
Fingers crossed, we’ll see..

How long did your build take?
Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fingers crossed, we’ll see..

How long did your build take?
Was really fast but my build was simple too.

JLUR: String-Gray, Automatic, Black Hard Top, Tow Package, MT Tires

8/21 ordered, status BA (VON provided)
8/23 status D, VIN assigned.
8/26 status E
8/27 status I
8/28 status KZ M, build shows on cryptostickers

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Was really fast but my build was simple too.

JLUR: String-Gray, Automatic, Black Hard Top, Tow Package, MT Tires

8/21 ordered, status BA (VON provided)
8/23 status D, VIN assigned.
8/26 status E
8/27 status I
8/28 status KZ M, build shows on cryptostickers
Wow super quick

09BanOne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Interesting. I ordered my Jeep 8/20 with the Falken M/T. It arrived at the dealer today with the BFGoodrich KO2 black lettered all terrains.

After a discussion with the sales representative, I had him pull up the dealer build tool. On the build tool it clearly states OWL all terrains or M/T. There is no option for BSW all terrains. He’s going to have the dealership owner contact the factory in the morning.

So apparently the factory is putting the BSW BFG tires on even though they’re not listed as on option??

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I ordered my Jeep 8/20 with the Falkin M/T. It arrived at the dealer today with the BFGoodrich KO2 black lettered all terrains.

After a discussion with the sales representative, I had him pull up the dealer build tool. On the build tool it clearly states OWL all terrains or M/T. There is no option for BSW all terrains. He’s going to have the dealership owner contact the factory in the morning.

So apparently the factory is putting the BSW BFG tires on even though they’re not listed as on option??
ugg not good news.. ko2 are great, but really wanted to try MT's before bying some in 35" size

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Interesting. I ordered my Jeep 8/20 with the Falken M/T. It arrived at the dealer today with the BFGoodrich KO2 black lettered all terrains.

BSW Off-road Tires are the BFG all terrains that come standard, so there would not be an option to select them. Order code TT4 is for the OWL off-road (all terrains) and order code TWG is supposed to be for the MTs. It showed as blank on my order sheet from dealer, which the assured me would be MT. I have seen 2020 rubicon orders on cryptostickers that do show the falken mud terrain tires, so it is possible to get them. Not sure what is going on with the ordering system for them.

I ordered my Jeep on 8/21. Did you really already get yours after ordering on 8/20? They must have pulled one already in/near California, I don’t think even an already built one could ship to California from the factory that quick!

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
ugg not good news.. ko2 are great, but really wanted to try MT's before bying some in 35" size
Yeah I do not want ATs. I wonder how much I could sell them for and put towards some different tires if the dealer doesn’t make it right.

Have you seen your build list on cryptostickers yet? When did you order?

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I do not want ATs. I wonder how much I could sell them for and put towards some different tires if the dealer doesn’t make it right.

Have you seen your build list on cryptostickers yet? When did you order?
No i am in D1 status, so no sticker or anything yet

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that the poll has it almost at a 50/50 split on MT01 vs K02 makes me want them even more..

09BanOne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Yeah I was shocked it came in so quick...only 2 weeks. I’m in upstate NY which isn’t too far from the factory, but still. The dealer had another Wrangler on order and I guess they wanted to ship them together.

I’m hoping the dealer will be able to get it straightened out...

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah I was shocked it came in so quick...only 2 weeks. I’m in upstate NY which isn’t too far from the factory, but still. The dealer had another Wrangler on order and I guess they wanted to ship them together.

I’m hoping the dealer will be able to get it straightened out...
Yeah good luck with them , hopefully they do you right.

I read and watched some more reviews on the wildpeak MTs. They definitely seem like decent MT tires. Not the greatest perhaps, but a good value for money. Also seem to cost pretty much the same as the KO2. I’m sure they’ll grip better off-road than the KO2.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah good luck with them , hopefully they do you right.

I read and watched some more reviews on the wildpeak MTs. They definitely seem like decent MT tires. Not the greatest perhaps, but a good value for money. Also seem to cost pretty much the same as the KO2. I’m sure they’ll grip better off-road than the KO2.
ya only thing I am seeing is reports that they chunk up pretty easily..

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I saw a thread in the “Ordering & Pricing Discussion” section that a guy couldn’t get his order to go through with the m/t tires unless he also ordered the upgraded Rubicon wheels; I wonder if that is the problem?

Can anyone confirm they’ve received the m/t tires with the standard Rubicon wheel set?

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I saw a thread in the “Ordering & Pricing Discussion” section that a guy couldn’t get his order to go through with the m/t tires unless he also ordered the upgraded Rubicon wheels; I wonder if that is the problem?

Can anyone confirm they’ve received the m/t tires with the standard Rubicon wheel set?
I remember reading about that too, but completely didn’t think about the connection. Thanks for pointing that out. I bet it may be related. Some dealers could figure out the TWG was not taking and others just blindly sent it through. At least tires are about the easiest change to do.

09BanOne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
**Update**

I talked to my dealer today and they're getting no where with Chrysler... The dealer said they will order me the tires I wanted anyway. I can pick the jeep up earlier next week once they're mounted. Makes me happy the dealership is doing right by me even if Chrysler isn't.
Sponsored