Sponsored

Rubicon OEM Tires KO2 or Wildpeak MT?

Would you prefer Wildpeak my or BFG KO2?

• Total voters

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I chose KO2 based on the way I use my Jeep. Every tire is a compromise, so you look for the best compromise for your driving profile. The Wildpeak may be better for one person, and the KO2 for another. Still, I'd bet I'd be very happy with the Wildpeak, too.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Then take that $500 you saved towards buying yourself something nice.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I chose KO2 based on the way I use my Jeep. Every tire is a compromise, so you look for the best compromise for your driving profile. The Wildpeak may be better for one person, and the KO2 for another. Still, I'd bet I'd be very happy with the Wildpeak, too.
My business partner has had 3 sets of KO2 they are super strong on road and off, and really with the terrain we see in the southwest are an ideal choice.. I just honestly want the more aggressive look.. and the reviews are strong on the MT and I thought since I am probably going to do 35s that this would be a good chance to experiment with an mt tire, so I will know better what to choose when I go to the bigger tire.. I have always run AT tires in the past

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That’s a bummer the dealership wouldn’t switch them out or do anything?
Nope. The kicker is they sent me the build sheet incorrect multiple times and each time I told them to add TWG (the MT tires). They finally got it right and I said ok. They sent me the POC once they ordered, and it was wrong again. I told them instantly. The salesman called me two days later and said that they added TWG. When it showed up with AT tires I let him know that it had the incorrect tires. His response was it was too late and FCA said it couldn't be changed when they tried. So they lied previously or never called to begin with.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That really sucks your dealer is being so unreasonable. I wonder if the TWG option is working correctly. I had it on my original order sheet from dealer, but the build list and now window sticker do not show the MT option but the standard BSW off road. Guess I’ll know for sure when it arrives. I emphasized the MT tires at my dealer and the sales guy said if they show up without the MT, they will have them on when I pick up the vehicle. Hopefully my experience is better than yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. The kicker is they sent me the build sheet incorrect multiple times and each time I told them to add TWG (the MT tires). They finally got it right and I said ok. They sent me the POC once they ordered, and it was wrong again. I told them instantly. The salesman called me two days later and said that they added TWG. When it showed up with AT tires I let him know that it had the incorrect tires. His response was it was too late and FCA said it couldn't be changed when they tried. So they lied previously or never called to begin with.
Wow what dealership was that?? Unbelievable

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That really sucks your dealer is being so unreasonable. I wonder if the TWG option is working correctly. I had it on my original order sheet from dealer, but the build list and now window sticker do not show the MT option but the standard BSW off road. Guess I’ll know for sure when it arrives. I emphasized the MT tires at my dealer and the sales guy said if they show up without the MT, they will have them on when I pick up the vehicle. Hopefully my experience is better than yours.
Good luck Rob

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the TWG is supposed to be right. My dealer said they checked and doubled checked and assured me this was the right order code for the mud terrains. I made kind of a big deal about it. :) so it looks like your dealer did the order right anyway, or everyone has the wrong code.
Ok so oddly enough I was just messing around on that cryptosticker site.. and saw your name.. when I clicked on it.. it gave me your build
https://cryptostickers.net/default and it lists
LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires which is the BFG k02 :( (atleast it's still a great tire)

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ok so oddly enough I was just messing around on that cryptosticker site.. and saw your name.. when I clicked on it.. it gave me your build
https://cryptostickers.net/default and it lists
LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires which is the BFG k02 :( (atleast it's still a great tire)
Yeah I’ve seen that too. Plus my window sticker does not list the mud terrain under options like it should. Perhaps the window sticker lookup doesn’t have correct tire info, but I am not hopeful at this point that the correct tire is installed. I’ll find out when it arrives and go from there.

Maybe based on this thread the MTs as a factory option suck enough as MT that the KO2 are a better tire to get anyway.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the wildpeak m/t, and I've been happy with them. But I would have preferred the KO2s. I just would expect them to last longer. That said, the wildpeaks have so far been a great tire. We'll see how they do this winter on the ice and how long they last. But if they do well and last a decent amount of time I'd have no problem getting the wildpeak's again.
How long have you had them so far?

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for posting your Jeep chat results. Seems like dealer ordered it correctly at least, so I can’t be mad at them if tires are wrong.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Uhh...... *pulls up uconnect app* apparently 4,777 miles.

I FINALLY FOUND A USE FOR THE APP!!!

I've done about 15 trail runs with it, and two road trips. One 1,300 miles, the other 500 miles. It has primarily been driven on dry pavement, dry gravel roads, dirt/rock trails and some sand. I've only had a few rain storms in it so far. The bit of rain it has seen, they've been fine, I haven't had an aquaplane event yet. They're quiet for a m/t and provide me with enough confidence on the highway. Offroad they are a strong performer at full inflation and when aired down they've been excellent. I don't play in mud so I can't speak to that and they haven't yet seen snow or ice.
Awesome great input

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Uhh...... *pulls up uconnect app* apparently 4,777 miles.

I FINALLY FOUND A USE FOR THE APP!!!

I've done about 15 trail runs with it, and two road trips. One 1,300 miles, the other 500 miles. It has primarily been driven on dry pavement, dry gravel roads, dirt/rock trails and some sand. I've only had a few rain storms in it so far. The bit of rain it has seen, they've been fine, I haven't had an aquaplane event yet. They're quiet for a m/t and provide me with enough confidence on the highway. Offroad they are a strong performer at full inflation and when aired down they've been excellent. I don't play in mud so I can't speak to that and they haven't yet seen snow or ice.
Hopefully they are not in shortage and just throwing the k02 on

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hopefully they are not in shortage and just throwing the k02 on
I found another 2020 rubicon order on cryptostickers that clearly has the mud terrains listed in the build list. So it looks like mine will be arriving with the wrong tire, since it just lists the standard ones. Hopefully your build list has the right ones.
Sponsored