Rubicon now requires upgraded wheels?

Jamin55

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Audi Q8, VW Tiguan
Update: My dealer GSM has a contact at FCA who is a supply chain manager, who has stated that the black wheels are a permanent change for all remaining MY2020 builds. The old rims will no longer be available.
Having been in a Corporate Supply Chain Role, C Level, for the last 30 plus years I am highly skeptical of the feedback that is being provided by the SCM. If those are the only wheels avl then a price adjustment to base price or NC will need to be executed. The backlash, which has already started, based on these treads of charging extra will be monumental. So refusal during ordering or buying off dealer will result in the Dealer discounting for that amt or the consumer option of not ordering comes into play.
This will effectively take the ordering a "Sold Vehicle" of the table. Just my observation and experience coming into play.
Sponsored

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Count me in as one who will now hold off ordering. I don’t want to pay extra for wheels I don’t like
This is where I’m at currently. I know Rubi take offs are out there as I prefer the stock wheels but I shouldn’t have to pay 1k for the black wheels and then go through the hassle of having to swap and then sell the black for an immediate loss.

Add in having to pay more for the 3.6...there is only so much I can take before I just say forget it.

It’s not only about the money, I just don’t want to feel like I’m being taken advantage of. Takes the fun out of ordering a new vehicle so I’ll continue to wait this out. In no rush to give someone 50k if I won’t be 100% satisfied.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Yeah I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. Line 2, Page 18 of the 2020 build sheet specifically states that the standard tire is your 285/17R17 BSW Off Road.
Thanks for the fact check.
Yes lots of confusion with this Jeep , Some are still fighting over 6 vs 5 quarts of oil despite numerous documented attempts to squash that.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think the black wheels are ugly. :)
Me too. The regular ones have a lot of black paint on them too though lol. I’m sure it’ll look lovely after all the rocks and gravel and stuff chip it!

But I happen to really like the pattern on the regular ones.

heytheresrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Medical Officer
Hey Everyone,

Leon at Criswell just messaged me and said the orders can go through now for the standard wheels so I placed an order for a 2020 Rubicon!. If any of you are looking for a great sales person I highly recommend Leon (202-557-0032, phone number provided with permission).

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
This is great news! Thank you.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think we learned two things today;
1. We have way too much time on our hands
2. Not to jump to conclusions based on something someone from a dealer said.

Or our raising pitchforks caused them to change their minds! That’s also possible XD

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon

Or our raising pitchforks caused them to change their minds! That’s also possible XD
I

I refuse to learn anything from this experience

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
What you have to remember is the manufacturers of wheels all love black ! when the black wheels craze started years ago the wheel manufacture could not be happier there’s nothing cheaper to make than a black wheel . A cheap black wheel and a real expensive black wheel look exactly the same. No rust no polishing no blemishes. But there ugly.
It’s going to be very hard to get the manufacturers to give up on pushing black wheels now.

ihsolutions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i M-sport
Before we kick ourselves too hard for getting upset, let's see if these orders with the regular wheels are actually fulfilled. I've got my fingers crossed, but ready for the worst.
Sponsored