Sponsored

Rubicon now requires upgraded wheels?

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Tried to build a 2020 order today and looks like the system requires to upgrade the wheels for any Rubicon order. Anyone else experiencing this today? Apparently Jeep is heavy on inventory so they are requiring all Rubicon orders as of Aug 1 to upgrade.
Sponsored

SaltySeaKook

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
I just ordered mine on 7/30 and was able to choose the standard wheels. That's very interesting if that is true.

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Last night, regular wheels were no problem. Today Aug 1, the configurator doesn't allow Rubicon builds without the upgraded wheels!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That means they probably ran out of regular wheels for the moment. That in itself seems a little odd because I don't think the assembly plant stockpiles parts, they usually do 'just in time' delivery. Still, I'd expect a custom order to make the upgrade free when the regular wheels aren't available. AFAIK the wheels are both black and silver aluminum and there's nothing special about the $999 upgrade other than different appearance.

Oh well, Jeep doesn't work that way lol.

JLRubi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited
Last night, regular wheels were no problem. Today Aug 1, the configurator doesn't allow Rubicon builds without the upgraded wheels!
Had the same issue while ordering today. WGR wheels are required now. It even stated that in the system when they were unchecked.

Sponsored

RubyRedRubicon

First Name
RubyRed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKUR
Had the same issue while ordering today. WGR wheels are required now. It even stated that in the system when they were unchecked.
Did you have to pay the extra premium for the WGR wheels or was it waved since you didn’t have choice?

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Nope. Had to pay extra. Worst is that I like the stock wheels much better.
Same here. I prefer the stock wheels.

I'll probably buy aftermarket wheels/tires immediately so paying more for wheels I'll immediately replace sucks. I told my dealer to wait a few days and retry. If it remains by next week I'll just go ahead and get them.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Evidently Jeep must have a stock pile of them and their wanting to unload the warehouse inventory .

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Same here. I prefer the stock wheels.

I'll probably buy aftermarket wheels/tires immediately so paying more for wheels I'll immediately replace sucks. I told my dealer to wait a few days and retry. If it remains by next week I'll just go ahead and get them.[/QUOTE
If you sell them right away with no blemishes I would think you could get $650.00 out of them .

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
lol, welp. Welcome to the "waiting to order until the options I want are available" club!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are talking about the configurator the dealers have access too right not the website?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Need someone to confirm this, i plan on ordering in 10 days, and this is not good for me.
Sponsored