Sponsored

RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Well I was pretty much set on following your set up here with the RC lift and the Rusty’s springs.....but the RC lift doesn’t give you the option to select the vertex shocks on their site and now the few places I can find it at it’s up to $1900.00 for the lift. I’m thinking they realized the lift was only a few $$$ more than the shocks and have made an adjustment or they are not getting the shocks from the supplier. I will probably look into the Dynatrac 2” now since it’s more cost effective.
Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
WOW - ok. im sure others can chime in here but i run my E rated BFG KO2 35 x 12.5 x 17 @ 32 (maybe 34 at the MOST!)

Id play around with that first thing!!! I know when i run high 30's the tires start to round in the middle and jeep starts to wander A LOT!

I have heard - no numbers but - heard the Rubicon Express springs are pretty soft. No doubt in my mind ride will improve with lower PSI and a stiffer spring given your gear / bumpers setup.

Synergy makes great stuff - i image that will help as well.

let us know
Any reason you run E rated tires?

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well I was pretty much set on following your set up here with the RC lift and the Rusty’s springs.....but the RC lift doesn’t give you the option to select the vertex shocks on their site and now the few places I can find it at it’s up to $1900.00 for the lift. I’m thinking they realized the lift was only a few $$$ more than the shocks and have made an adjustment or they are not getting the shocks from the supplier. I will probably look into the Dynatrac 2” now since it’s more cost effective.

Don't know why they don't sell them in the package any More but personally I'd just buy the vertex shocks for 1400 then get the Rustys kit with spring, sways , control arms and track bars. All in 2500 .

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Don't know why they don't sell them in the package any More but personally I'd just buy the vertex shocks for 1400 then get the Rustys kit with spring, sways , control arms and track bars. All in 2500 .
I actually already have Clayton arms and track bars. Mainly was getting the bump stops and sway bar links. I will have to price everything out and see where I end up.

Sponsored

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm looking to do the same lift to my JLUR with 315 KO2's and am on board with getting Rusty's 2 inch springs along with the RC Vertex adjustable shocks. Will I need the Rock Krawler spring pad correction kits with Rusty's springs?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I'm looking to do the same lift to my JLUR with 315 KO2's and am on board with getting Rusty's 2 inch springs along with the RC Vertex adjustable shocks. Will I need the Rock Krawler spring pad correction kits with Rusty's springs?
I haven’t done it yet but I believe Rusty’s have their own lower spring correction pads.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No - rustys kit has new spring pads - front and rear.. worth double checking with them but mine came with!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
No - rustys kit has new spring pads - front and rear.. worth double checking with them but mine came with!
Did you add any spacers to the front springs for the weight of the winch or did it sit level?

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you add any spacers to the front springs for the weight of the winch or did it sit level?
Never had a leveling problem front to back. Was always level. But always leaned a bit to the passenger side if I had a full tank of gas. Not much but maybe 1/4 inch.

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Never had a leveling problem front to back. Was always level. But always leaned a bit to the passenger side if I had a full tank of gas. Not much but maybe 1/4 inch.
Mine is off 1/2 side to side stock. Any idea what length you set your lower arms at and what your caster is? I’m thinking 24 1/2 should get right around 6 degrees

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine is off 1/2 side to side stock. Any idea what length you set your lower arms at and what your caster is? I’m thinking 24 1/2 should get right around 6 degrees
i did not install the LCAs so not sure what length. I'll throw a tape measure on them. Caster is sitting just below 6 maybe 5.8 or so - drives and tracks great..

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Have you had any issues with the way the reservoir is mounted on the front shocks? That concerns me some that the wheel will hit that under full compression.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I am looking at the clearance here and I can’t see how it wouldn’t hit the shock.

A8F4E1FC-5F85-4A5A-A639-E5F1511C4697.jpeg

07CC67F9-2165-4A8B-AE6B-AF664E3E1264.jpeg

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have not had any issues. my first question with that pic is what wheels are those and what is the OFFSET ?
Sponsored