Sponsored

RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ?

jperkins66

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Are you running any wheel spacers on them stock wheels? That stance looks good.
Thanks
Good eyes! You are exactly right. I do have the Spydertrax wheel spacers and no, my wheels haven’t fallen off. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations and check the torque on the lugs of the spacers each time. They haven’t budged.
Sponsored

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Good eyes! You are exactly right. I do have the Spydertrax wheel spacers and no, my wheels haven’t fallen off. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations and check the torque on the lugs of the spacers each time. They haven’t budged.
The 1.75" spacer? How far do tires stick out from fenders? Doing 315/70/17 tires and keeping stock wheels. That look is perfect.

jperkins66

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The 1.75" spacer? How far do tires stick out from fenders? Doing 315/70/17 tires and keeping stock wheels. That look is perfect.
Correct on the 1.75’s. I can’t recall the measurement as I did it about a year ago before I did steering/lift/all control arms. Here are pics from install.

24ACF8AD-6020-4BF6-9850-1822644E15DC.jpeg

8F23F2DA-B548-4EFB-BD0D-21ADC65B2A42.jpeg

AE97C397-849A-4FBB-821E-472A73342FE8.jpeg

Heatonrx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlU Rubicon
So spoke to the Eibach Rep today. These guys certainly seem committed to the jeep community. The 2 inch spring / shock lift is based on a 4 dr Rubicon - need to check if it had steel bumper option but was not outfitted with any extra equipment ( so NO HD tire carrier, winch plate, winch, 35 inch spare, etc.. ) So our guess is that the 2 inch spring lift will be no more than 2 inches and with extra equipment maybe more like 1.75. The 0 -2 inch Shocks are FRONT 17.2 (vs 15.75 inch Rubi OEM) inches compressed / 26.14 extended (vs RUBI OEM 23.625) and the REAR is 18.06 compressed (vs RUBI OEM 17.5) and 27.8 inches extended (vs RUBI OEM 26.0). Rep recommended swapping out the end links with there adjustable ones. At the minimum t0 swap the front with the rear and buy a new longer rear end link. I asked about front lower control arm and he agreed to get the caster numbers back to 6.25 or 6.5 probably need a slightly longer or adjustable lower control arm.

shocks and springs all 4 corners $800
Rear adjustable end links $215
Optional Front adjustable end links $215
Synergy adjustable lower control arm $425
Synergy stackable bump stop kit $80
Optional - Synergy adjustable front track bar $275

So b/t $1500 and $2000 I think you get a pretty nice 2" lift.

any thoughts lets have em!!!!
Hey I'm looking at these 2" springs or the Rancho. Did Eibach say if these are side specific like the Rancho 2" are?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey I'm looking at these 2" springs or the Rancho. Did Eibach say if these are side specific like the Rancho 2" are?
They did not say. But i do have the spring rates - pretty similar to stock - 117 lb/inch front and 165 lb/inch rear.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey so some interesting news. I have been making calls. MAN there are a LOT of guys out there making suspension parts for Jeep. Clayton, Accutune, Arb, Rock Jock, EMU, Rock Krawler, RC, Eibach, Synergy, Fox, King, Rubicon Express, Dynatrac, Teraflex, Rancho, Metal Cloak... i'm sure i missed four or five others..

So I had a long chat with a tech / sales guy at Rough Country - I know but please hold your comments / criticism - I was looking at the 2.5 inch lift with springs and shocks. I kinda like the Vertex adj / ressi shocks but talk about that later. On the drop down menu I see an option for Rubicon or Non-Rubicon. So i call to find out what the difference is. I get a super helpful guy on the line, he puts me on hold a couple times, comes back and confirms. The difference is spring LENGHT not rate on the 2 kits. I was told the spring rate for both Rubi and Non-Rubi was 130 / 171 lb/inch front / back (very similar to Rubicon OEM) but the Length is different. He said if i bolt the non-rubi kit onto a Rubicon it should be b/t 1.5 and 2 inches of lift depending on extra equipment. I AM TEMPTED!!

i figure need adjustable sway bar links because the fixed ones will be off and maybe a track bar but maybe not for 1.5 or 2 inches. thoughts ? I am crazy to try ? worst case is i need to buy different springs. The shocks are 2 to 3 inch lift but he also confirm with bump stops no damage will come to them if its only 1.5 inches..

lets hear it.......

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hey so some interesting news. I have been making calls. MAN there are a LOT of guys out there making suspension parts for Jeep. Clayton, Accutune, Arb, Rock Jock, EMU, Rock Krawler, RC, Eibach, Synergy, Fox, King, Rubicon Express, Dynatrac, Rancho, Metal Cloak... i'm sure i missed four or five others..

So I had a long chat with a tech / sales guy at Rough Country - I know but please hold your comments / criticism - I was looking at the 2.5 inch lift with springs and shocks. I kinda like the Vertex adj / ressi shocks but talk about that later. On the drop down menu I see an option for Rubicon or Non-Rubicon. So i call to find out what the difference is. I get a super helpful guy on the line, he puts me on hold a couple times, comes back and confirms. The difference is spring LENGHT not rate on the 2 kits. I was told the spring rate for both Rubi and Non-Rubi was 130 / 171 lb/inch front / back (very similar to Rubicon OEM) but the Length is different. He said if i bolt the non-rubi kit onto a Rubicon it should be b/t 1.5 and 2 inches of lift depending on extra equipment. I AM TEMPTED!!

i figure need adjustable sway bar links because the fixed ones will be off and maybe a track bar but maybe not for 1.5 or 2 inches. thoughts ? I am crazy to try ? worst case is i need to buy different springs. The shocks are 2 to 3 inch lift but he also confirm with bump stops no damage will come to them if its only 1.5 inches..

lets hear it.......
Can you post a link to this kit? I wonder if they would just sell the springs...

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can you post a link to this kit? I wonder if they would just sell the springs...
I asked - they don't sell just the springs - at least not right now. SO either you run one of their shocks or buy the kit with the cheapest shock and write it off to science!

It looks like the cheapest way to get the springs is with the premium N3 shocks, bump stops and 2 sets of sway bar links - the NON-Rubicon kits is 449.99 - SKU 67731 - i know but at least you get some bump stops !

or you can choose the better monotube shock V2 for $699 SKU 67770 - you also get springs, bump stops and sway bar links. Maybe the shocks are not bad! Its 500 bucks to buy the shocks alone.

OR opt for the Vertex 2.5 inch moster adjustable / ressi shocks for $1499 - these shocks without the kit are $699 front and $699 back and since i was thinking of buying them anyway its looks like for an extra $100 I get the springs, bump stops and sway bar links!

link to the page then pick ur options -
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...nd=2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4wd-507457

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
RUSTY'S 2 inch Suspension Lift / 2 inch Coils !!!!

I don't know how I (and all off us concerned) missed this. I need to chat with them because the website is not specific about Rubicon / NON-Rubicon. But does say the springs were designed and tested in conjunction with EIBACH USA.

If anybody can chime in on Rusty's products - lets hear it!

Ill post again after I speak to them.

Also waiting to hear back from contact at Rock Krawler about there non-rubi 2.5 inch springs - can you run them on a Rubi ? same spring rate just shorter ? All the info i have seen says a 2.5 inch spring lift on a Sport/ Sahara will give you about a 1.5 inch lift on a Rubi - so waiting to hear back on that too!!

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I cannot speak to their lift but they seem to be a good company with great customer service. Call and talk to them about it.

Some consider them to be on the lower end of the suppliers list with Rugged Ridge and Rough Country but I think they are leaps ahead of those two.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Try this guy.. super helpful ...

Chris Steimle
Sales Manager
Phone: 805-242-0397 x1351
Direct: 805-706-0351
Fax: 805-980-4357
870 Industrial Way
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
WEB / FB / IG / YT / TW
Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ? {filename}

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is the Synergy 2 inch Stage 1 kit actually available for purchase? I haven't been able to find it online.
I ordered through Poly Performance. Ships toward the end of the month.

Give them a call, they are Synergy’s sister company. Great CS and they got me set up nicely.

31R

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP

Anything back on Rusty's? I've been eyeing that kit as well.
Sponsored