Sponsored

RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ?

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi Chris - i was going to call but now that i have you. couple quick questions ??

First - so what shock would you pair this with ? again if you have read at least my first post you know - 45% road / 40% rutted / wash board dirt and gravel and 15% trail.

I am happy to consider a few different price points if that makes it easier or just tell you favorite that pairs well with your spring?

Also - given a 2020 loaded 4dr RUBI with steel bumper package, 10k lb warn winch and winch plate, re-enforced tire carrier and reasonable heavy ICON Round wheels with E rated 35 inch KO2 - will i see the full 2 inches or maybe a little less ?

by the way - THANK YOU in advance. I do think there are lots of us out there thinking along these lines so hopefully this helps more than just me!!

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Take a read through that product page as it answers most of your questions and then some.

Fox 2.0 IFP's I consider the best budget shocks available and Fox's 2.5 DSC's are the best performing shocks currently. We are also working on our own tuned shock option that should hopefully be available later this year.

Our JL coil springs give the advertised amount of lift assuming a Factory Loaded Rubicon. Any accessories added on top of that will detract from the lift height. With those accessories, you may end up just under 2" of lift.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
@Rubi VT - we're in the exact same boat. After 4k miles on 35's and A LOT of research (and back and forth as well) I decided on a Teraflex ST1 spacer kit and Icon 2.0 shocks. Not a lot of reviews out on the Icons for the JL, but went this route after solid recommendations from the owner at the shop that's doing the work for me based on the fact that my rubi is my daily driver and that when I do wheel I tend to run light and lean. Parts are on order and I'm hoping to have them installed this week. I'll post some feedback for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Rubi VT - we're in exact same boat. After 4k miles on 35's and A LOT of research (and back and forth as well) I decided on a Teraflex ST1 spacer kit and Icon 2.0 shocks. Not a lot of reviews out on the Icons for the JL, but went this route after solid recommendations from the owner at the shop that's doing the work for me based on the fact that my rubi is my daily driver and that when I do wheel I tend to run light and lean. Parts are on order and I'm hoping to have them installed this week. I'll post some feedback for you.
OK then - please please let us know how it turns out. I have heard good things about ICON Vehicle Dynamics thou my only first hand knowledge is I have there ICON REBOUND wheels on my RUBI and really like them. seems very well made. Good luck and let us know!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Big Shout out to Chris @ Synergy Manufacturing. I really appreciate you taking the time to read, post and email with me.

So Chris and I discussed using Synergys 2 inch spring lift Stage 1 with either the FOX 2.0 or the FOX DSC's. I think if i went this route I would go with the Fox 2.0's and run that and see how it feels. Then maybe "maybe" some point down the road upgrade the shocks only. Those Fox 2.5 DSC's are nice! but a little pricey for this particular project.

Lets keep the discussion going - I certainly have not made up my mind yet.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey RUBICON EXPRESS ?

any thoughts, comments, first hand experience ?

looks like they make a 1.5 inch Super Flex short arm kit with or without shocks. The shocks look pretty beefy - 2.5" monotubes front and rear. Kit is expensive but would love to hear some feedback ??

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Big Shout out to Chris @ Synergy Manufacturing. I really appreciate you taking the time to read, post and email with me.

So Chris and I discussed using Synergys 2 inch spring lift Stage 1 with either the FOX 2.0 or the FOX DSC's. I think if i went this route I would go with the Fox 2.0's and run that and see how it feels. Then maybe "maybe" some point down the road upgrade the shocks only. Those Fox 2.5 DSC's are nice! but a little pricey for this particular project.

Lets keep the discussion going - I certainly have not made up my mind yet.
I ran the Fox 2.0 on my 4 door JLUR and they are a very good shock. I think they would mesh well together. I think you’re on the right track.

Also, RE shocks and Fox are no comparison. Not even on the same league. Stick with Fox.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Hey RUBICON EXPRESS ?

any thoughts, comments, first hand experience ?

looks like they make a 1.5 inch Super Flex short arm kit with or without shocks. The shocks look pretty beefy - 2.5" monotubes front and rear. Kit is expensive but would love to hear some feedback ??
Again, You really can’t compare RE stuff to Synergy/Fox. Synergy/Fox are top shelf products.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You can add a 3/4” spacer to the synergy springs if you’ve got a heavy front, like I do. I will go this route when I get time to do the install.

Sponsored

jperkins66

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2” Synergy Lift on my JLUR on 315’s accomplishes exactly what you are looking for. Shock relocation brackets on mine right now with the stock Rubicon shocks but I plan on going Fox 2.5’s.

I have changed out all my control arms and steering components with Synergy’s products and it’s worth it. I am not a paid supporter of their products, just a satisfied customer.

7FA74AD9-26A5-42F6-9844-40DCB546281C.jpeg

74FA789C-28A5-450F-BF4E-5A3532473F89.jpeg

1A2AB1DF-9184-4D98-9BF7-53144880AE57.jpeg

B948EB4E-1EB8-4F67-B957-A4942C61D7FF.jpeg

7200A2BB-DDF8-4931-BB20-CABE558EE78E.jpeg

Last edited:

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Love this thread - looking for no more than 2” lift but no drive shaft upgrades, and I do want a beefier control arms and track bar and stabilizer.

everything else seems like either taller and or overkill.

post your experience if you go the synergy route.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I'm getting ready to put my Synergy 2 inch lift on. Just waiting on my 35s from discount tire. I prefer as big a tire as practical with as little lift as necessary but didn't want the added expense of regearing with 37s. But also still want to fit in my garage.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
This is with the Dynatrac lift and steel factory bumpers - including warn plate and Zeon 10S winch. The pic looks like it has a front rake but it does not in real life. Since this picture, I have changed to aluminum bumpers (including skid and winch plate) and gained back 1/2 inch or so.

jlurrb0919-jpg.jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Love this thread - looking for no more than 2” lift but no drive shaft upgrades, and I do want a beefier control arms and track bar and stabilizer.

everything else seems like either taller and or overkill.

post your experience if you go the synergy route.
From what I have read, the OEM front driveshaft is OK until you front shocks are 28-29" long. I'm not sure what the same shock limitation is on the rear 2-door driveshaft, but the 4-door is essentially OK for any scenario.
Sponsored