Sponsored

RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ?

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Either factory wheels or possibly something with a factoryish offset (like AEV's wheels)

I measured my current garage door clearance: it's only 4.5" with my stock JLR. It's a one piece overhead door, and I would like to have 1.5" of clearance. That leaves 3" for tire & suspension... so 37s & 1" lift?
Bah! Just air down to get it into the garage. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah - as i am listening and reading and learning all this - i am leaning towards the 2 inch springs (woooops) but i do want to make sure it is NO MORE than 2 inches. then with some more gear on the jeep probably end up with a little less.

I do like and have heard good things about the SYNERGY stuff and I very much appreciate Chris from Synergy sharing his know-how with us. So this is an option but I dont know what shock to pair it with. I think I prefer the KING to the Fox monotube. work in progress.

I am also waiting to talk to EIBACH. I mean these guy have been making springs since 1951 ! These guy make spring for Formula 1 ! these guys make springs and have WON the Baja 1000. Feel like I should look into it..

F307123.jpg

F305256.jpg

F299282.jpg

So spoke to the Eibach Rep today. These guys certainly seem committed to the jeep community. The 2 inch spring / shock lift is based on a 4 dr Rubicon - need to check if it had steel bumper option but was not outfitted with any extra equipment ( so NO HD tire carrier, winch plate, winch, 35 inch spare, etc.. ) So our guess is that the 2 inch spring lift will be no more than 2 inches and with extra equipment maybe more like 1.75. The 0 -2 inch Shocks are FRONT 17.2 (vs 15.75 inch Rubi OEM) inches compressed / 26.14 extended (vs RUBI OEM 23.625) and the REAR is 18.06 compressed (vs RUBI OEM 17.5) and 27.8 inches extended (vs RUBI OEM 26.0). Rep recommended swapping out the end links with there adjustable ones. At the minimum t0 swap the front with the rear and buy a new longer rear end link. I asked about front lower control arm and he agreed to get the caster numbers back to 6.25 or 6.5 probably need a slightly longer or adjustable lower control arm.

shocks and springs all 4 corners $800
Rear adjustable end links $215
Optional Front adjustable end links $215
Synergy adjustable lower control arm $425
Synergy stackable bump stop kit $80
Optional - Synergy adjustable front track bar $275

So b/t $1500 and $2000 I think you get a pretty nice 2" lift.

any thoughts lets have em!!!!

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
So spoke to the Eibach Rep today. These guys certainly seem committed to the jeep community. The 2 inch spring / shock lift is based on a 4 dr Rubicon - need to check if it had steel bumper option but was not outfitted with any extra equipment ( so NO HD tire carrier, winch plate, winch, 35 inch spare, etc.. ) So our guess is that the 2 inch spring lift will be no more than 2 inches and with extra equipment maybe more like 1.75. The 0 -2 inch Shocks are FRONT 17.2 (vs 15.75 inch Rubi OEM) inches compressed / 26.14 extended (vs RUBI OEM 23.625) and the REAR is 18.06 compressed (vs RUBI OEM 17.5) and 27.8 inches extended (vs RUBI OEM 26.0). Rep recommended swapping out the end links with there adjustable ones. At the minimum t0 swap the front with the rear and buy a new longer rear end link. I asked about front lower control arm and he agreed to get the caster numbers back to 6.25 or 6.5 probably need a slightly longer or adjustable lower control arm.

shocks and springs all 4 corners $800
Rear adjustable end links $215
Optional Front adjustable end links $215
Synergy adjustable lower control arm $425
Synergy stackable bump stop kit $80
Optional - Synergy adjustable front track bar $275

So b/t $1500 and $2000 I think you get a pretty nice 2" lift.

any thoughts lets have em!!!!
I'm sure Eibach makes good springs, but I think i would be looking at the Synergy kit and adding some Fox 2.0 shocks way before this. Its more complete for the same money.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...age-1-suspension-system.html?category_id=4980

Gatorhead96

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlu
Maybe see what rock crawler 2.5 lift for sport/Sahara will get you. They are the only manufacturer that sell sport and Rubicon lifts separately that I know of.

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about the dynatrac 2" kit, then adding fixed length front lower control arms (either mopar or teraflex) and an adjustable front track bar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Maybe see what rock crawler 2.5 lift for sport/Sahara will get you. They are the only manufacturer that sell sport and Rubicon lifts separately that I know of.
I have looked into this. Here is what i was told. Thou a 2.5 inch softer spring for a lighter sport / sahara may get the desired height it will not improve the ride ( i was hoping for a 10 to 15% increase in spring rate to improve on road manners). Also a longer softer spring on a heavier vehicle will simply sit with 1 to 1.5 inches compressed at the top of the spring effectively acting like a spacer. I am new to this but i guess that makes sense. That said - i am tempted to buy the teraflex 1.5 inch spacer and just pair it up with a better performing shock than the OEM (teraflex, King or Fox) and drive it for 3k miles and see what i think. I would still probably swap out the LCA and probably the end links. work in progress.

I am becoming convinced that the 2 inch spring lift (eibach, synergy or dynatrac) paired with a good shock is probably where I am heading. Let us all know if anybody is moving forward with a 2 inch lift (shocks / springs or spacers)

That said I appreciate all the info and feedback. Lets keep this thread moving forward - i think many peeps are finding it helpful.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
That said - i am tempted to buy the teraflex 1.5 inch spacer and just pair it up with a better performing shock than the OEM (teraflex, King or Fox) and drive it for 3k miles and see what i think. I would still probably swap out the LCA and probably the end links. work in progress.

I am becoming convinced that the 2 inch spring lift (eibach, synergy or dynatrac) paired with a good shock is probably where I am heading. Let us all know if anybody is moving forward with a 2 inch lift (shocks / springs or spacers)

That said I appreciate all the info and feedback. Lets keep this thread moving forward - i think many peeps are finding it helpful.
Just picked up my JLUR from the shop with the Teraflex ST1 kit with extended bump stops paired with Icon 2.0 shocks and steering stabilizer. Too dark for photos right now (sorry, I know), but my initial impressions are great. The lift with my 315 Patagonias is the perfect height. I wasn’t necessarily unhappy with the stance of my 315’s on the stock suspension before, but the spacer lift definitely takes care of the fat girl in heels look that she had from certain angles. After seeing it in person I couldn’t imagine going any taller for a lift on a Rubicon without going 37”+ on tires and am stoked on my decision.

Icon shocks are an immediate game changer and compliment the ST1 kit nicely. Firmer ride, but very comfortable and not stiff like I hear from the Falcons. All aspects of driving are improved.

I could see you getting similar results with a good spring + shock combo, but the plug n play set up that I have right now is pretty sweet. More to come with extended driving & wheeling. Good luck!

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just picked up my JLUR from the shop with the Teraflex ST1 kit with extended bump stops paired with Icon 2.0 shocks and steering stabilizer. Too dark for photos right now (sorry, I know), but my initial impressions are great. The lift with my 315 Patagonias is the perfect height. I wasn’t necessarily unhappy with the stance of my 315’s on the stock suspension before, but the spacer lift definitely takes care of the fat girl in heels look that she had from certain angles. After seeing it in person I couldn’t imagine going any taller for a lift on a Rubicon without going 37”+ on tires and am stoked on my decision.

Icon shocks are an immediate game changer and compliment the ST1 kit nicely. Firmer ride, but very comfortable and not stiff like I hear from the Falcons. All aspects of driving are improved.

I could see you getting similar results with a good spring + shock combo, but the plug n play set up that I have right now is pretty sweet. More to come with extended driving & wheeling. Good luck!

So my understanding is this the ST1 kit is 2 inch in the front and 1.5 in the back. Did you add anything else - lower control arms or sway bars ? did you need an alignment ?

Lets have those PICS!!!! thanks

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
So my understanding is this the ST1 kit is 2 inch in the front and 1.5 in the back. Did you add anything else - lower control arms or sway bars ? did you need an alignment ?

Lets have those PICS!!!! thanks
Yup, I went with the standard ST1 set up with 2" up front and 1.5" in the back. No LCA or other components added yet, I am going to see how this runs before adding on. I did have an alignment done for good measure.

I am running the steel bumper group, but have no other additional weight to worry about. I will be adding evo bomber rock sliders in the next 1-2 weeks, but don't anticipate that it will have much an overall impact since I'll be swapping out the OEM rock rails.

FYI I am running Patagonia MT's 315/70/r17 on Method 701's

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks good thanks for the post and the update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey i know this is a little off topic but Rough Country Vertex Shocks ?? OK - I can almost hear the chorus of haters but I stopped by the dealer yesterday to pick up some touch up paint - nasty rock chip on the door hing. I saw these on a another customers jeep. THESE THINGS ARE NICE LOOKING. AND BEEFY!! 2.5 inch shock tube with a 20mm piston rod. Steel, Aluminum, braided lines, 8 position adjuster. Crazy. Service manger said 3 year warranty - best in the business ??!!? Granted its $1400 bucks for the 4 but damn. I need to talk to some people who have these things. Service manger said they are made in Japan for Rough Country - dunno - need to do a little home work.

now im thinking Synergy 2 inch spring lift and these bad boys ? shit - this might get expensive but cheaper than the KINGS or the Fox Racing 2.5's I guess. damn jeep.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Is that an illusion on the pic or do you have like 2'' of uptravel before you're on the bumpstop?

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So it looks like after a lot of chatting to manufacturers, techs and engineers (of sorts) it seems the 1.5 inch Spring lift does not make much sense. According to the folks at Synergy a 1 or 1.5 inch spring you would need to run 2 inch of bump stop. So u get a taller jeep but not a more "useful" jeep when it comes to off roading. I cannot say I 100% understand that but i am starting to wrap my hands around all this.. (and having fun too)

My focus going forward will be a true 2 inch lift with springs and shocks. I will probably go so far as to add proper length sway bar links,adjustable LCAs and an adjustable track bar just to get everything all lined up.

Options for 2 inch springs -
Synergy
Eibach
Dynatrac
Rancho

Then choose your shocks and extras and OFF WE GO!!
Let us all know what you decide on! and post it up!!

Lets keep the ideas going. thanks

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
2” Synergy Lift on my JLUR on 315’s accomplishes exactly what you are looking for. Shock relocation brackets on mine right now with the stock Rubicon shocks but I plan on going Fox 2.5’s.

I have changed out all my control arms and steering components with Synergy’s products and it’s worth it. I am not a paid supporter of their products, just a satisfied customer.

7FA74AD9-26A5-42F6-9844-40DCB546281C.jpeg

74FA789C-28A5-450F-BF4E-5A3532473F89.jpeg

1A2AB1DF-9184-4D98-9BF7-53144880AE57.jpeg

B948EB4E-1EB8-4F67-B957-A4942C61D7FF.jpeg

7200A2BB-DDF8-4931-BB20-CABE558EE78E.jpeg
Are you running any wheel spacers on them stock wheels? That stance looks good.
Thanks
Sponsored