Rubicon JLUL Power Failure? Have them check the PCU

Renegade1861

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUL Rubicon
Went to leave one morning and the Jeep had no power. I charged the battery, ran my errands, and 2 days later experienced the same. Charged the battery, took it to have winch and bumpers installed and they said that they had to jump it to get it running. Took it to the dealer and they supposedly checked things out and blamed it on the aftermarket parts. A couple days later, same thing. I disconnected all of the aftermarket parts and charged the battery. It charged to 100%. I left everything disconnected and the battery was at 35% the next day. I charged it, took it to the dealer, and told them to check the battery again. They called later that day and said it was fine. I told them to check again, so they kept it overnight and then called to tell me that the second battery (didn't know) that runs the starter was dead and that they would replace them both. After 3 days, got it back, three days later, it is dead again. I took it back for a 3rd time and told them to do something different, get creative, because they do not want to see me again. 2 days later they called me to say that the PCU and the PCU harness was bad. They ordered the parts, and I got my Jeep back 6 days later. No power problems since.
The steering still sucks, but at least I can drive it.
Beware of power failure, it may be much more than the battery. Only had the Jeep since April.
Sponsored