Sponsored

Rubicon hood decals on a Sport

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Lol, there is a white high altitude in my neighborhood with Rubicon stickers on the hood. The worst part is that the decal is about 20% smaller and placed off centered closer to the front. It just looks so tacky... but, hey, at least it's not a SUPREME sticker.
Obviously I am not current with car culture? What's up with all the cars that have huge SUPREME logos? I have seen a few cars with that. What's the deal?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Lol, there is a white high altitude in my neighborhood with Rubicon stickers on the hood. The worst part is that the decal is about 20% smaller and placed off centered closer to the front. It just looks so tacky... but, hey, at least it's not a SUPREME sticker.
How did I know you lived in LA ;)

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
If I put a 392 sticker on my 2.0 will it make it go faster? Could be a cheap workaround to ordering the real deal….

OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
If I put a 392 sticker on my 2.0 will it make it go faster? Could be a cheap workaround to ordering the real deal….
Yes. And if you add an SRT badge it will go twice as fast. Don’t forget to put a Prius badge on too so you get 45 mpg. It’ll run like stock but only better.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Creative

I am guilty of leaving Rubicon on my swapped Rubi hood since I like the color coordination with other decals I added and could never come up with replace name. Well, finally ordered something from pixel and will be changing out soon.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would have unintentionally frowned too.
It's just the fakery that irks me. This isn't individualism, doing what you can, it's a sign of shady character. I'd have 100x more respect for a young guy in a Sport, being themselves, being real. However cool, awkward or goofy his Jeep may be. I was that guy in my 20's, I totally get it. I'd even hook him up with cheap take-off parts if I could. But even back in my 20's I had no respect for someone taking that fakery route. I knew people like that. They're just not the kind of person you should be around and my additional years have only confirmed that.
I agree. It's not authentic. I don't mind people customizing their Jeeps however they want, even if its a style that I hate. It's their Jeep. But this is different.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I pulled up to long light and noticed another Rubi next to mine. In a matter of seconds I noticed: It had stock looking Rubicon decals on the hood. But his hood was the regular flat hood, then noticed his Jeep was slightly lower than mine which doesn’t have a lift, I then noticed front bumper didn’t match plastic Rubi bumper, no rock rails, when I looked down and noticed the mangled Sport decal I must have frowned bc he clearly looked embarrassed and gunned it away from me.
I then noticed the rims & tires were the kind you find on a Sahara (which is fine for a Sahara)

I don’t care if someone owns a sport, Sahara, Moab, Rubi or whatever. All Jeep’s are good. I also don’t care if someone mods the crap out of it. I used to have a Sahara with Rubi rims/KO2s and Rubi take off suspension.

what irked me was the mangled Sport sticker in combination with the Rubi decals. If you’re gonna fake it or mod it at least do a good job of it.

was I wrong for frowning?
It Wouldn’t be fair to hold you accountable for the equivalent of a gag reflex. It’s not like you PLANNED to hurt his feelings.

Putting Rubicon stickers on a sport is the equivalent of a guy stuffing socks in his shorts to get attention. I don’t do it, and I don’t understand it, but if others want to do it I don’t care one way or another.

I see similar mimicry in the Raptor community. Suddenly everybody and their dog is installing three amber lights in their pickup truck grills… even Toyota’s, chevys, and super duty fords. You can also buy Raptor grill knock-offs for F150s. And you can still buy body kits to turn little econo-cars into something resembling a supercar. Again, I don’t do it, and I don’t get it, but, when it comes to vehicles, Americans may fake it more often than we actually do the real thing!

Remember, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery! :like:

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. Creative

I am guilty of leaving Rubicon on my swapped Rubi hood since I like the color coordination with other decals I added and could never come up with replace name. Well, finally ordered something from pixel and will be changing out soon.
I'm looking forward to the big reveal!

I've gotten so used to the hood decals, that it would look too empty without them.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

I've gotten so used to the hood decals, that it would look too empty without them.
I agree with that. Hood decals needed. Replacement isn’t too creative. Not really into naming Jeep so went with something more related to the Black color. “SHADOW”

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
@headbarcode

I agree with that. Hood decals needed. Replacement isn’t too creative. Not really into naming Jeep so went with something more related to the Black color. “SHADOW”

I guess you could also view the name as - living in the shadows of a true Rubicon since mine just looks like one 😂

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
It’s been done for as long as I can remember. How many GT350 mustangs did Shelby make? It must have been a million, tempests with GTO badging, etc.
Sponsored