Rubicon hood decals on a Sport

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I would have laughed. It'd be funny if you could only get a Rubicon hood sticker if you actually drove your jeep through through the trail. lol
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the Rubicon font and used it to put a reflective decal on my hood.
20210908_205925.jpg
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

at least it doesn't say Go Vols!

lololol Roll Tide!

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
While I do think it's really tacky and flat out looks bad, I'd try not to judge someone for doing it. Be a better human being and let someone have a fake Rubicon if they wish. Not harming anyone.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
The fact that this bothers so many people shows that some have their priorities way out of whack. The beauty of owning a Jeep is doing whatever you want to it to make it your own. Who cares if this guy had a Rubicon sticker on a Sport?? I see Jeeps everyday with all kinds of stuff done to them that I would never do - I just give them a wave. To each his/her own. I have a Sport Altitude. I like the look of the Rubi wheels and the steel front bumper. Since I will never do extreme off-roading, I did not feel the need to spend $60K. So I spent less and added some of the things from the Rubi that I like. Does that make me a poser? C’mon man, just smile and wave and go about your day.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Man i expect this type of superiority complex on the BMW forum where it is highly frowned upon for adding an M badge on a non M car. These are high-end, high-performance luxury sports cars and not as common. However, Jeeps are utilitarian vehicles and everybody just abt has one. More importantly, they were meant to be moded as the owner wishes - as tacky as the mods may be to the one criticizing…

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Rubicon stickers add 20hp to the lesser models. Great upgrade.
So while I am completely on board with this classic joke...I propose that we should adapt it to fit the Wrangler better. Something like - "Rubicon stickers add 2 inches of travel". Right?

On the subject - the Rubicon hood stickers are the only thing I don't like about the Rubicon styling really. I would seriously consider actually removing them if I had one.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
So while I am completely on board with this classic joke...I propose that we should adapt it to fit the Wrangler better. Something like - "Rubicon stickers add 2 inches of travel". Right?

On the subject - the Rubicon hood stickers are the only thing I don't like about the Rubicon styling really. I would seriously consider actually removing them if I had one.
I took mine off. They're crumbled up. Will sell them to you. Half price of new. Only add 10hp. Don't low ball me. I know what I got.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So insecure with your own vehicle that you need to fake it to be a stock Rubicon? He may have some deep seated childhood issues! :crying:
Go blow yourself.
Maybe 60k for a rubi wasnt in his budget or whatever. If the decal makes him smile then im happy for him...
But i would never...... ever..... fake it.
He does have a jeep so show him some love.... and giggle internally.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I pulled up to long light and noticed another Rubi next to mine. In a matter of seconds I noticed: It had stock looking Rubicon decals on the hood. But his hood was the regular flat hood, then noticed his Jeep was slightly lower than mine which doesn’t have a lift, I then noticed front bumper didn’t match plastic Rubi bumper, no rock rails, when I looked down and noticed the mangled Sport decal I must have frowned bc he clearly looked embarrassed and gunned it away from me.
I then noticed the rims & tires were the kind you find on a Sahara (which is fine for a Sahara)

was I wrong for frowning?
Absolutely not. There is a special place in hell for people who upbadge.

Also: the BEST part about the Rubicon is the stickers- because they give you that extra 2" of travel and they strike fear in the hearts of all non-Rubicons!
(This is obvious sarcasm. A reference to a joke made in an old post. Sorry if you missed it. Hence, my signature. Sorry, I don't have the post).

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I remove the Rubicon stickers. I figure non-Jeepers don't know the difference anyway and Jeepers don't need a sticker to know which version they're looking at. Besides it allows me to use that space to customize my Jeep my way. My Rubicon became Clyde, the Sahara became Bonnie, and the Willys sticker is getting replaced as soon as pixiedecals mails my order.

With all the above in my driveway I still honestly never think about which one is more impressive to others than the rest. I drive the one I feel like driving that day. They make me happy and ***k anybody else.

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Anyone consider the owner may have bought it with the decals already in place....
Some sellers are shady as sht and will put decals on to dupe the unknowing into paying Rubicon prices for a sport.
Had a friend that thought he bought a TJ golden eagle edition only to find out later he had a sport with an add on decal.
Sponsored