First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I pulled up to long light and noticed another Rubi next to mine. In a matter of seconds I noticed: It had stock looking Rubicon decals on the hood. But his hood was the regular flat hood, then noticed his Jeep was slightly lower than mine which doesn’t have a lift, I then noticed front bumper didn’t match plastic Rubi bumper, no rock rails, when I looked down and noticed the mangled Sport decal I must have frowned bc he clearly looked embarrassed and gunned it away from me.
I then noticed the rims & tires were the kind you find on a Sahara (which is fine for a Sahara)

I don’t care if someone owns a sport, Sahara, Moab, Rubi or whatever. All Jeep’s are good. I also don’t care if someone mods the crap out of it. I used to have a Sahara with Rubi rims/KO2s and Rubi take off suspension.

what irked me was the mangled Sport sticker in combination with the Rubi decals. If you’re gonna fake it or mod it at least do a good job of it.

was I wrong for frowning?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I would have frowned also. I think it would be better if that person went on a dozen different websites/Etsy stores and ordered custom letter stickers for his own name/a different park/ etc that were Rubicon style it would be fine.

But maybe he's on his way to trade it in and hoping for the best. But that's snakier than most car salemen do.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled up to long light and noticed another Rubi next to mine. In a matter of seconds I noticed: It had stock looking Rubicon decals on the hood. But his hood was the regular flat hood, then noticed his Jeep was slightly lower than mine which doesn’t have a lift, I then noticed front bumper didn’t match plastic Rubi bumper, no rock rails, when I looked down and noticed the mangled Sport decal I must have frowned bc he clearly looked embarrassed and gunned it away from me.
I then noticed the rims & tires were the kind you find on a Sahara (which is fine for a Sahara)

That’s why I changed these first.
Couldn’t handle the frowns 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon hood decals on a Sport 764D8973-FB07-4899-9AAB-FFD308D1F55D

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Nah. Frowning at posers is awesome.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
So insecure with your own vehicle that you need to fake it to be a stock Rubicon? He may have some deep seated childhood issues! :crying:

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

It was a counterfeit Rubicon made in China.
Sponsored