multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So many people on this board bitch about people who pay lots of good money to have a Rubicon and don’t actually take it off road... this guy does it the smart way, pays less than $100 to look like a Rubicon, and people are upset? Come on, man! He’s a thrifty poser!
Sponsored

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I pulled up to long light and noticed another Rubi next to mine. In a matter of seconds I noticed: It had stock looking Rubicon decals on the hood. But his hood was the regular flat hood, then noticed his Jeep was slightly lower than mine which doesn’t have a lift, I then noticed front bumper didn’t match plastic Rubi bumper, no rock rails, when I looked down and noticed the mangled Sport decal I must have frowned bc he clearly looked embarrassed and gunned it away from me.
I then noticed the rims & tires were the kind you find on a Sahara (which is fine for a Sahara)

was I wrong for frowning?
I hope you at least did the “Jeep wave.” 😉

I’ll probably remove the Rubicon sticker on mine as it’s ugly as I am! 😂 I should put a Sport sticker on and see what reactions I get.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Someone needs to make decals that say DECEPTICON. It’s amazing the lengths some people go to to make a fake one.

Not uncomon though around here to see Rubicon decals on base Sports, Raptor grills and decals on F150s etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
You're just pissed because down at the mall they won't know the difference, and he saved $20K+
Lol. Since my jeep was a gift from someone who owed me a longtime and big favor i only paid gift & car taxes on the trade-in gap, I’m pretty happy.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I bet the 392 decal is on the way :)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I bet the 392 decal is on the way :)
I’m hoping to see 392 badging on a Renegade. That would make my day. I live in SoCal, auto part store badges and lots of chrome are very popular here.

On a side note. I don’t really understand this whole poser thing. If people want to buy Rubicons for the pavement, why not? Sport cars that never see the track? Sure! If they like the car because they think it’s cool and no other reason, who cares?

The only thing I don’t like are people who actually lie saying things like “oh I take my Jeep to Moab all the time“ or “I have the fastest track times locally“ and they’ve never done anything of the sort. That’s a true poser. Liking a car and buying it regardless of how one ends up using it is not my definition of poser.

Last edited: