Rubicon-Hard to find

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Is your average speed about 30? Downhill? Because 21mpg isn’t happening on a full tank average.
Every time I tell someone I’m getting over 15mpg they seem impressed and it makes me happy on the inside.

I drive 80% city and I get about 17mpg in my Rubi. I get Less if I’m in a rush and driving fast. However, I can get 17/18 city if I am driving very conservatively.
Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Lots of Rubicon's in my area. Not sure if they have the 3.6 or 2.0 but my local dealership has several on the lot. I'm in the Ohio Valley, though.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Will do... I think I’ll wait a little bit as I think I’m being a little impulsive. I want one but can and should wait.
I thought I read about a dealer in Idaho that was giving great prices. Might have been in one of our other sections of this forum. I've bought two trucks where I flew to the dealer and my JLUR was 300 miles away. I had to convince my wife it was a wine country road trip and a little stop along the way for the JLUR. She saw thru it. Trips to get a new vehicle are always fun and you get to drive the new vehicle a lot. One truck I bought in San Jose and drove down the coast to L.A.. That was a nice drive.

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
I am in Central Florida. I just did a 200 mile radius search on cars guru and found 76 JLRU’s with V6 engines. I had my exact Jeep on order with a V6 but the waiting was absolutely killing me. My Jeep popped up on the radar, it had every single option I wanted except the V6. I rolled the dice and pulled the trigger on it ( with an extended warranty just to hedge my bet). Time will tell if that was a mistake but so far I love the 2.0.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Unless your SPEEDOMETER has been recalibrated and your gas consumption is figured--(miles traveled/gas used)-then

It's all BS !

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

AKLiving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
The JLUR V6s are out there. It just depends on how much you want one now. Looking for my wifes’s new Rubicon with a V6 got me greatly expanding my search. Not only did we find every option we wanted (except block heater which can be added at the dealer) but I wound up getting a price so much lower than locally or ordering that it would be borderline criminal to post.
The dealer also said that the V6s are being held for Gladiators.
I am flying out soon to go pick up her punk’n orange V6 auto JLUR.
Oh, and I will be making a 2,500mi road trip to bring it home but worth getting what we want.

BCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99TJ, 2019JLURubicon
What dealer is your dealer? Maybe manuals are a rare breed, even now in Jeeps. I ordered a manual and when I was test driving they were delivering a manual the same day. I thought it was a lot more common with the wrangler crowd.
The dealership is a fairly large one located in central Pennsylvania; there was no problem with getting a Rubicon with the V6 w/ an automatic, but I am not a fan of automatics. The dealership did not expect a delay with ordering a manual transmission until they tried to place the order in August and found there was a hold on ordering manual transmissions.

The JLUR was ordered 10/1/2018 and I took delivery 1/19/2019.

Freddiejeep

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2.0
Is your average speed about 30? Downhill? Because 21mpg isn’t happening on a full tank average.
Well, here’s the average on this tank so far....and it’s gone up from that...just took this right now. And yes, my speedo is calibrated

19C31CF2-E34F-41EB-865F-AA730BB56D62.jpeg

Rubican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
It is certainly very difficult to find a Rubicon right now with a 3.6 in it. My wife was really wanting one, so we ordered it one up with every option except the smokers group, block heater, and we went with the standard wheels. We ordered it on January 19th, and picked it up last week. So it only took 6 weeks to get it in. If you look on the order tracker page, the vast majority of orders are JLUR with the 3.6. It really isn't too bad of a wait.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
A quick look here in Houston shows “a lot” of 4 door, v6, auto, rubicon in dealer inventory within 100 miles.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
It’s pretty simple why the 2.0 is most prevalent. Fiat owns the brand now so it’s going to move more and more of its own product via the Jeep brand name. That was the entire point of buying the brand. It’s why businesses buy other brands; to satisfy their supply chains. It certainly worked. The Pentastar has lot of German engineering behind it. Impressive motor. Doesn’t matter though it’s not Fiat so it’s going bye bye. Who knows though perhaps the 2.0 will end up being an impressive successor.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I looked at 6 Rubicons today, at 2 different dealers and only 1 had the v6.

None have a 6 speed manual.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
It’s pretty simple why the 2.0 is most prevalent. Fiat owns the brand now so it’s going to move more and more of its own product via the Jeep brand name. That was the entire point of buying the brand. It’s why businesses buy other brands; to satisfy their supply chains. It certainly worked. The Pentastar has lot of German engineering behind it. Impressive motor. Doesn’t matter though it’s not Fiat so it’s going bye bye. Who knows though perhaps the 2.0 will end up being an impressive successor.
Stop making sense. It angers people.
Sponsored