• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Rubicon Grill. Any color.

Rjones916

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door
Looking for a complete take off rubicon grill. I’ll take any color. I can send a Fed Ex label if your able to box.

Thanks, Ryan
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm pretty sure that any grille will work for you if you're not concerned about color. As far as I know, that's the only grille difference between trims.

OP
OP

Rjones916

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door
I'm pretty sure that any grille will work for you if you're not concerned about color. As far as I know, that's the only grille difference between trims.
I wanted to get the rubicon version because I like the black trim over the grey Sahara trim or no trim sport.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ah, that makes sense. I thought maybe you were planning to completely paint them since you didn't care about color. So you'll just be painting the color part and leaving the black alone.
Well I hope this little chat kept the thread at the top so someone selling a set can find you. Good luck.

ezinszer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr JL
I have one in white. Not quite sure how I'd box it, but I guess I could figure it out. $150?
E

Sponsored

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
I have one in white. Not quite sure how I'd box it, but I guess I could figure it out. $150?
E
Go to your local bike shop and see if they have a box they would give you.

OP
OP

Rjones916

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door
Ah, that makes sense. I thought maybe you were planning to completely paint them since you didn't care about color. So you'll just be painting the color part and leaving the black alone.
Well I hope this little chat kept the thread at the top so someone selling a set can find you. Good luck.
Exactly. Thanks for the reply. I guess I could paint a Sahara. But I figured it would be best to keep the black trim original and just paint the body color to match mine. I have a granite crystal metallic.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah, the less stuff you've got to paint the better.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The Sport grill is completely different than the Sahara and Rubicon.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I wouldn't say they're "completely" different. The only difference is the Sahara has silver rings, Rubicon has black rings and the Sport doesn't have rings. As noted in my second post I thought the OP was planning to paint everything since they didn't care about color. Turns out they want the black rings, and don't want to have to paint them, so yes a Rubicon specific grille is what they need.

That or just ordering some OEM black rings for any trim → https://www.justforjeeps.com/6cg99tzzac.html
jl-wrangler-grill-trim-ring-kit-includes-headlamp-rings-unpainted-46.jpg

or aftermarket inserts for the sport grille → https://www.amazon.com/RT-TCZ-Wrangler-Grille-Insert-Headlight/dp/B074GZVRV2

81NwU0SJJeL._SL1500_.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I wouldn't say they're "completely" different. The only difference is the Sahara has silver rings, Rubicon has black rings and the Sport doesn't have rings. As noted in my second post I thought the OP was planning to paint everything since they didn't care about color. Turns out they want the black rings, and don't want to have to paint them, so yes a Rubicon specific grille is what they need.

That or just ordering some OEM black rings for any trim → https://www.justforjeeps.com/6cg99tzzac.html
jl-wrangler-grill-trim-ring-kit-includes-headlamp-rings-unpainted-46.jpg

or aftermarket inserts for the sport grille → https://www.amazon.com/RT-TCZ-Wrangler-Grille-Insert-Headlight/dp/B074GZVRV2

81NwU0SJJeL._SL1500_.jpg
Not wanting to get into semantics. They are different parts. They are constructed differently. The Sport grill is a single molded piece of plastic. The Rubicon and Sahara grills are multiple parts with inserts.

Those inserts for the Sport grills aren't really inserts. They are stick on accents.

So they are the same thing only they are a different thing. Can you make one look like the other? Yes.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm not trying to be difficult either. I was just under the impression that the difference was the additional trim pieces, not the actual grille. So you're saying the first one won't fit on the Sport?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Both grills fit but there are differences. If he wants to use the inserts he already has he needs to have a Sahara or Rubicon grill. There are also some outer trim pieces that are body color on his Sahara that are molded into the Sport grill.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I have a Hellayella Sahara grill on hand.
Sponsored