Sponsored

Rubicon Fuel Door?

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
Does your Rubicon fuel door say “fuel” on it, or “Jeep”? Mine says fuel, but I saw them for sale on a Mopar site and it says Jeep on it.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does your Rubicon fuel door say “fuel” on it, or “Jeep”? Mine says fuel, but I saw them for sale on a Mopar site and it says Jeep on it.
@RubiconGaby

Yes, the fuel doors that are installed at the factory are labeled differently (with the word Fuel) then the Mopar fuel doors for the JL you buy from a Mopar parts vendor that are labeled with the word, Jeep.

You will occasionally see an ad for a JL fuel door labeled Fuel, as a guy/gal has pulled the factory installed door and went with a Mopar fuel door that says Jeep, as that pleased his/her eye more lets say.

Note: Somebody is going to reply and ask, will a JK fuel door work with a JL.... answer is, NO, it will not.

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Yeah I actually backed out of buying a fuel door because it said Jeep instead of fuel. I love my Jeep but I hate putting the name all over it. People know it’s a Jeep haha

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
So next question for the experts…..can you just switch the actual covers from Fuel to Jeep covers without installing an all new one? I like the Jeep better than the Fuel cover, looking for easy switch on my Rubi...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So next question for the experts…..can you just switch the actual covers from Fuel to Jeep covers without installing an all new one? I like the Jeep better than the Fuel cover, looking for easy switch on my Rubi...
@Tacoman03
The removal and re-install of a Mopar fuel door on a JL/JLU takes all of a about 10 minutes tops. The install is so easy a 90 yo grandma of 12, could easily do it.... seriously.

No, you are not going to easily switch the covers or would it make any sense to do so. Just buy the one that says Jeep, (shop eBAY, runs about $80+-) make the switch and then sell the one you don't want here for a decent price. It will sell quickly.

Read about install here. Only caveat when you do the install is to be careful not to break one clip. If you are aware that you need to be careful you will not break the clip. Those that are not aware often break the clip:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-fuel-door-install-video.4861/