Sponsored

Rubicon fenders on Sport S - What about the liners?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, does anyone know if the inner fender liner hardware from the sport fenders transfer over to the rubicon fenders? The person I’m buying from unfortunately doesn’t have the inner fender hardware. I think the sports have a couple of 5/16” bolts and 10mm bolts for the front and some push pins in the rear. Not sure what the inner fender liners attach with for the rubicon.

If anyone had a list of part numbers, links, and quantity to buy for the swap, that’d be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!

Also, is there a way to buy the white retaining clips in bulk?

thank you!

Contact Benny @AllMoparParts.com they are a vendor here on the forum.

I purchased my Rubicon fenders for my Sport S from them but they came with the fender liners. If I remember correctly they bolted in the same spots as my Sport fender liners. He can also hook you up with those white clips and fender rivets which you will need.

For the rear fenders You'll also want to get new bumper end caps and the lower part/pience of the fender line so everything will line up correctly.

Do you know if they fenders you are receiving have the halogen or LED turn signals? If they are LED you'll need to use a Tazer or take it to Jeep dealer to have the computer updated so your turn signals will work.

Hers my Jeep with the Rubicon fenders. Im running 305/70/17s

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon fenders on Sport S - What about the liners? 1644725108580
Sponsored

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Contact Benny @AllMoparParts.com they are a vendor here on the forum.

I purchased my Rubicon fenders for my Sport S from them but they came with the fender liners. If I remember correctly they bolted in the same spots as my Sport fender liners. He can also hook you up with those white clips and fender rivets which you will need.

For the rear fenders You'll also want to get new bumper end caps and the lower part/pience of the fender line so everything will line up correctly.

Do you know if they fenders you are receiving have the halogen or LED turn signals? If they are LED you'll need to use a Tazer or take it to Jeep dealer to have the computer updated so your turn signals will work.

Hers my Jeep with the Rubicon fenders. Im running 305/70/17s

1644725108580.jpeg
Hey thanks so much for the response! Your set up, with the 7” mopar LEDs, is the exact look I love and am trying to replicate!! Did you regear with your new tires? Any lift?

From my understanding, I can reuse the same bolts it sounds like, but will need the rivets and the retaining clips you mentioned on hand.

Also, they’re LED fenders. Crazy I’ll have to drop another $250 on a Tazer to get the LED DRLs working :/

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
So...I'm thinking about going in the opposite direction. I will be doing a true 2" lift and 35s and not sure I'm going to like the extra wheel well space with my Rubi fender flares...I may be looking to do a straight trade for Sport/Sahara flares once my house is built and I have a garage to start working on my Jeep...still a couple of months away...I guess it will come down to how much spring compression I get after bumpers and such.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So...I'm thinking about going in the opposite direction. I will be doing a true 2" lift and 35s and not sure I'm going to like the extra wheel well space with my Rubi fender flares...I may be looking to do a straight trade for Sport/Sahara flares once my house is built and I have a garage to start working on my Jeep...still a couple of months away...I guess it will come down to how much spring compression I get after bumpers and such.
35’s should leave the perfect amount of space with those rubi fenders, no?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks so much for the response! Your set up, with the 7” mopar LEDs, is the exact look I love and am trying to replicate!! Did you regear with your new tires? Any lift?

From my understanding, I can reuse the same bolts it sounds like, but will need the rivets and the retaining clips you mentioned on hand.

Also, they’re LED fenders. Crazy I’ll have to drop another $250 on a Tazer to get the LED DRLs working :/
I do not have a lift - YET!

I have the 7'" Mopar lights and recently installed the 5" on the cowl. If you are looking for factory Mopar parts check with Benny here on the forum at allmoparparts.com or BAM automotive. You'll save a lot of money. They offer Mopar parts with discounted prices.

I did not regear. With the 305s (33.8") I can still see 8th gear on the highway.

I would get all new push retainers, rivets and fender clips.

The Tazer us worth the $$ in my opinion as you can program the turn signals aka DRL's. If you go to a larger tire you can use it to set your tire size to recalibrate the speedometer to your tire size. I also used it to get off road pages on the 8.4 Uconnect I upgraded to. You can also prgorgram to disable the auto start! There is a lot you can do with the Tazer. My only complaint is that Z automotive is not supporting MacOS at this time due to tech software issues with the new Mac OS system so I cannot do any updates at this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon fenders on Sport S - What about the liners? 1644726493210

Sponsored

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not have a lift - YET!

I have the 7'" Mopar lights and recently installed the 5" on the cowl. If you are looking for factory Mopar parts check with Benny here on the forum at allmoparparts.com or BAM automotive. You'll save a lot of money. They offer Mopar parts with discounted prices.

I did not regear. With the 305s (33.8") I can still see 8th gear on the highway.

I would get all new push retainers, rivets and fender clips.

The Tazer us worth the $$ in my opinion as you can program the turn signals aka DRL's. If you go to a larger tire you can use it to set your tire size to recalibrate the speedometer to your tire size. I also used it to get off road pages on the 8.4 Uconnect I upgraded to. You can also prgorgram to disable the auto start! There is a lot you can do with the Tazer. My only complaint is that Z automotive is not supporting MacOS at this time due to tech software issues with the new Mac OS system so I cannot do any updates at this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon fenders on Sport S - What about the liners? 1644726493210
Dude you have the Jeep I want to build lol. That thing is sweet!!!

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im planning to install the Teraflex 2.5" lift in the next couple of weeks. I was thinking the Rubicon fenders would make the Jeep look skinny. However I've seen some posts of Rubicons with 2.5" lifts with 315s (34.4" tire) it does not look bad at all.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im planning to install the Teraflex 2.5" lift in the next couple of weeks. I was thinking the Rubicon fenders would make the Jeep look skinny. However I've seen some posts of Rubicons with 2.5" lifts with 315s (34.4" tire) it does not look bad at all.
Im a tad worried because I have the stock Willy’s tires (I think ~32.5”). I won’t be adding larger tires at this time to avoid expenses all at once. Im afraid it’ll look too skinny :/

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude you have the Jeep I want to build lol. That thing is sweet!!!

Thank you. Its a work / build in progress. I've upgraded a lot of things which make it fun having a Jeep as I can make it my own.

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
35’s should leave the perfect amount of space with those rubi fenders, no?
I think it really has to do with the lift and squat from add ons...some 2.5"ers are netting closer to 3"-3.5" and depending on added weight...may not squat back down much...

Sponsored

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Yeah...I think it depends on the lift and the actual lift you get from it.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I don’t have a lift yet, maybe it won’t look too skinny then… hmmm

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T

Just use Jscan app and order connector and reader from amazon for 100$ done and done

Check my recent posts to find info on how to do it

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
just curious if anyone has ran painted Rubicon flares in the rear but painted Sahara flares in the front, does anyone know if that would look odd?
Sponsored