First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
I know the running lights on the Rubicon front fender flares are supposed to be LED but what about the front turn signals?

I’m looking to upgrade all my lights to LED and I’m not sure if I need to change the front turn signals or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
drewhenderson13

drewhenderson13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
I do not have the LED package. But I do know that the lights on the rubicon fenders are not the same as the otheir JL wranglers.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I would really like to add the LED daytime running lights like the LED package. Looks great.

NC4x4

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I added the @Diode Dynamics switch backs then used my Flashcal to change the lights to LED, I get no fast blink at all. Running lights are the bright white and then they switch to amber when the turn signal is activated. I'll run these until I either upgrade to something like the soon to be released Metal Cloak fenders or I get a set of the Rubicon fenders, which I understand include the LED's.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I added the @Diode Dynamics switch backs then used my Flashcal to change the lights to LED, I get no fast blink at all. Running lights are the bright white and then they switch to amber when the turn signal is activated. I'll run these until I either upgrade to something like the soon to be released Metal Cloak fenders or I get a set of the Rubicon fenders, which I understand include the LED's.
Those are not applicable to the Rubicon.

OP, the DRL and turn signals are 2 different bulbs, and diode dynamics sells a pack of 4 bulbs to replace them all. Two amber turns, two white DRL's. The rear lights are two independent bulbs as well, which can be very easily replaced. 2 Red bulbs, and 2 white reverse lights. On top of that you have the 2 fog lights and obviously the 2 dual filament headlights.

Saying any of these lights are "supposed to be" LED is incorrect, but I have replaced most of mine with LED bulbs. The tiny little amber side marker, on the outside of the fender, is a non-replaceable LED light. That is all that is LED on the outside, without the factory LED package.

OP
OP
drewhenderson13

drewhenderson13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Factory maintenance tech
Those are not applicable to the Rubicon.

OP, the DRL and turn signals are 2 different bulbs, and diode dynamics sells a pack of 4 bulbs to replace them all. Two amber turns, two white DRL's. The rear lights are two independent bulbs as well, which can be very easily replaced. 2 Red bulbs, and 2 white reverse lights. On top of that you have the 2 fog lights and obviously the 2 dual filament headlights.

Saying any of these lights are "supposed to be" LED is incorrect, but I have replaced most of mine with LED bulbs. The tiny little amber side marker, on the outside of the fender, is a non-replaceable LED light. That is all that is LED on the outside, without the factory LED package.
So what LED conversion bulbs are applicable to the rubicon for the front turn signals and DRL? 2x 7443 white and 2x 7443 amber?

Last edited:

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just upgraded to the rubicon fenders with LED (I had halogen) how long before the lights flicker? I’ve been running them for about 3-4 hours now with no flicker or fast blinking.

79cj7 2020 willys

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7, 2020 willys 2 door
I just upgraded to the rubicon fenders with LED (I had halogen) how long before the lights flicker? I’ve been running them for about 3-4 hours now with no flicker or fast blinking.
I had no problems for awhile either.. and then.. boom... but I found that adding LED tail lights fixes problem.. go figure
Sponsored