Rubicon Fender Disassembly For Paint

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I have a set of used JLUR painted fenders and was going to change the color. Do you have to blow the fender apart to paint, and does it just snap back together, to reinstall on the Jeep? Tried to find some info and nothing definite. Some videos implied there may be some epoxy glue holding the pieces together. Just looking for clarification. Thanks.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
I have a set of used JLUR painted fenders and was going to change the color. Do you have to blow the fender apart to paint, and does it just snap back together, to reinstall on the Jeep? Tried to find some info and nothing definite. Some videos implied there may be some epoxy glue holding the pieces together. Just looking for clarification. Thanks.
The body shop I took my fenders opted to keep them together.
There was a little overspray on the black plastic but it easily flaked off. Mine turned out great.

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
They are not designed to be disassembled as they are plastic welded together. You “could” take them apart but I don’t think they could be put back together reliably. I bought a set and had them painted, as mentioned above there was a little overspray but cleaned up easily.
Gregj

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
No no no, they will just mask the black part and any good body shop will do an un-noticeable change of color.