Rubicon Factory Sway Bar Disconnect vs ORO Swayloc

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Hi guys,

I have an order submitted for my first Rubicon with the 392 Xtreme package. I currently have a 2021 Willys JLU with a 2” lift and installed the ORO Sway Loc (manual version). It drives great, although definitely added a few rattles when the sway bar is locked up (to be expected).

I was going to leave the Swayloc on the 2021 Willys when I sell it, but am wondering if I should pull it off and replace it with the factory sport sway bar? I keep reading horror stories about the factory electronic sway bar disconnect on the Rubicon running into issues, especially around water (#classactionlawsuit). I do run a Tazer Mini that I will transfer over which could help here with button mapping or error issues, however I am not shy around water.

The big questions I have are:

1. Am I running any risk going fully disconnected vs the Swayloc system I am used to? My Jeep is not top heavy, i.e. geared for over landing.
2. Will I gain or lose performance with the Rubicon setup versus the Swayloc?
3. What are the chances I run into issues with the factory Rubicon electronic disconnect and will want to put in the Swayloc, potentially plumbing an air line and running it to a switch in the cab?

Just trying to decide if it is worth stripping off in the likely event I will need it in the future (I don’t mind buying a new one if someone things the sale value will go up appropriately to leave the Swayloc on my Willys).

Thank you!
Advertisement

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Whatever issues you think there are with the rubicon disconnect, they are likely imaginary.

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
With at most a 2” lift, I don’t think the stock setup is a problem. I have a rear sway bar in the mail anyway to try to stiffen it up, but that’s mostly just out of curiosity.

OP
OP
FreedomFur

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
With at most a 2” lift, I don’t think the stock setup is a problem. I have a rear sway bar in the mail anyway to try to stiffen it up, but that’s mostly just out of curiosity.
How long have you had yours? Any issues with the motor or sensors failing?

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement