Sponsored

Rubicon Express or Rough Country JL lift kit?

what lift would you prefer?

• Total voters

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Does the rc kit take some rake out?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
There are are a lot people now that have realized rough country has stepped up and made their better. I just love the way 4 wheel parts stores say that they have a basket full of rough country stuff that falling off and broken. Just like on the spacer lift there's nothing to break its all metal. There Is a guy ON YouTube in a video with their 2.5 spacer lift on his JL and they're doing all kind of rock climbing and it's holding up very well. They are a very good company when it comes to customer service they stand behind their product very friendly people on the phone. There are few dealers they say they love the product and love dealing with them and they're easy to deal with, 4 wheel parts is going to push Pro Comp and Smittybuilt being they own both company's
RC is marketed well, has good customer support and ships quickly. That pisses 4WP off because they don’t market their brands as well. It takes away from their business and it is cheap compared to their brands.

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
I had a RC 2.5" thrown on last Friday. I've been driving all over for the past 5 days and it's been awesome. Rides like stock. Around corners there's a noticeable difference just because the center of gravity has been raised a couple inches, but you'll get that with any lift. The ride itself though is great, and there's no noises or anything that comes from the suspension at all. It looks great and given the fact that it's such a simple kit, I think they have it very fairly priced at $200. If you look at the raw materials, including the cost of paint, each kit probably costs them $75-$100 to make. Asking $700-$800 for a boost lift must have a TON of margin built in.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Here’s mine with the RC lift and the stock 33’s. I did switch to 37’s a few days later. I didn’t like the look with just the 33’s. Might look a bit better on a sport/sahara JL.

C7F298FB-9B25-4770-9EC1-45497D750EDA.jpeg

7BEF1A02-D2D9-4AAA-91AA-7201B56C9035.jpeg
Can you share a photo with the RC and 37s?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
RC is marketed well, has good customer support and ships quickly. That pisses 4WP off because they don’t market their brands as well. It takes away from their business and it is cheap compared to their brands.

@Stickerhead when you put on your Rubicon Express 2.0, did you notice an axle shift front and back or was everything even all the way around? Cant stand one tire sticker farther out than the other. Thanks...

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@Stickerhead when you put on your Rubicon Express 2.0, did you notice an axle shift front and back or was everything even all the way around? Cant stand one tire sticker farther out than the other. Thanks...
That's what adjustable track bars are for man!

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
No, I did not notice. I think I measured it and it was ok. I only had to straighten the steering wheel. It is not much of a lift

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what adjustable track bars are for man!
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Like we didn't know that already. Its nice to know whether axle shift is happening from those who have this lift.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Like we didn't know that already. Its nice to know whether axle shift is happening from those who have this lift.
Won't there be an axle shift for all lifts, regardless of lift size? (unless a track bar bracket or adjustable track bar is used for correction) It's just a matter of how much shift, no?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think so. Some don't notice, others will notice. It will bother me if it does shift so having an adj track bar on hand will be the way I go if I ever decide to lift. I'm sure there are some lifts that keep everything even and that may be luck since every Jeep is a little different.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I bought my RE lift at 4wheelonline. I'm very happy with the result and ride quality.
Sponsored