Rubicon Express 4in lift

Ambushiz

First Name
Edin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I want to get a lift for my jlu, so I decided to go to the shop that does lifts on jeep and was suggested with this one -
(JL) Rubicon Express 3.5"/4.5" Long Arm Suspension Kit with 2.5" Monotube Shocks -

I was quoted $1200 for the install of the lift. This jlu will only be street driven. I will be pairing this lift with 17in wheels and 35in tires.

All together the total cost of parts and labor came out to 11k. Is that a normal price range for something like this? And is rubicon Express brand something I would worry about in the future?
Advertisement

Coder

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
That seems kinda steep it sounds like they are selling you more than you need. A long arm lift is generally for more extreme off road use,

Honestly to run 35s with mostly street use a 2" Mopar or Dynatrac lift with wheels and tires is more than enough IMO.

word302

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Metalcloak probably for best on road ride and no maintenance. But yes, find a new shop. Did they even ask you what you were going to do with it?

OP
OP
Ambushiz

Ambushiz

First Name
Edin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
No they never asked me, but I told them that this will be only street driven. Would a dealership be a good choice to install my lift?

word302

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No they never asked me, but I told them that this will be only street driven. Would a dealership be a good choice to install my lift?
Do it yourself or find a good specialty off-road shop. I'm sure if you contact a local club they can make some recommendations.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement