• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

North Carolina Rubicon draglink and tie rod

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Used, off of a 2018 Rubicon. Around 30k miles on them, in good condition. Selling because I upgraded to Steer Smarts components.
$100 OBO.
Sponsored

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
Used, off of a 2018 Rubicon. Around 30k miles on them, in good condition. Selling because I upgraded to Steer Smarts components.
$100 OBO.
how do you like the new setup. Could you tell the difference immediately. I just purchased their track bar and was thinking of doing drag and tie rod. I was gonna do for preventative(death wobble) and for the upgrad

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
how do you like the new setup. Could you tell the difference immediately. I just purchased their track bar and was thinking of doing drag and tie rod. I was gonna do for preventative(death wobble) and for the upgrad
I love it. First thing I did was a Teraflex track bar when I put the 3.5" ST3 lift and 37" tires on. Noticed a difference right off the bat with that. Then the following weekend put on the Steer Smarts drag link and tie rod along with a Teraflex 2.1 stabilizer and wow did it get tight. Don't know how much each component is playing a role but I can tell you it is tight.
The combination of replacing it all is the best solution. I didn't want to chance anything with the 37s and off roading that we do so it all got replaced.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
T
I love it. First thing I did was a Teraflex track bar when I put the 3.5" ST3 lift and 37" tires on. Noticed a difference right off the bat with that. Then the following weekend put on the Steer Smarts drag link and tie rod along with a Teraflex 2.1 stabilizer and wow did it get tight. Don't know how much each component is playing a role but I can tell you it is tight.
The combination of replacing it all is the best solution. I didn't want to chance anything with the 37s and off roading that we do so it all got replaced.
Thanks, that makes my purchase that much more confident. Curious why you didn’t go steer smart track bar. Was it just easier to get the teraflex with the kit. From what I can tell there isn’t any on the market as beefy as the steer smart. But thanks I’m glad when you spend good money and see the value in the product immediately

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason was based on what the guy at Northridge4x4 told me. I asked why there was a Steer Smarts and a Steer Smarts XD version of the track bar. He said that the original version bushings were wearing out on the guys who were doing really heavy off roading so they came up with the XD version which has better bushings. The Teraflex one has lifetime Alpine bushings so I went with that. It was purely based on his recommendation. I have the Steer Smarts on my Rubi since it was on when I bought it but bought the Teraflex for my wife.
They are both extremely high quality. The TF one is literally one solid piece of steel, about 4X heavier than stock.
Her stock bushings were already on their way out on the factory bar after 47k miles... pathetic.
Sponsored