First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Seen some rumblings from Dynatrac based on external review and now have seen the R&P but has anyone taken these apart and examine the internals or perhaps taken them off-road with 37s and compared to JK Dana 44 or possibly having a set of ProRock 44s as comparison? I'd love to stay stock and not invest $13k on 60s. I understand this is new and not enough rock miles to really know but there must be some who have already dissected every inch and possibly have drawn some conclusions on their experience. I'm also aware how you treat the skinny pedal matters but same driver on JK 44 versus JL 44 could expect more durability from these on 37?
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I think it'll be tough to say this early but I can say there are a LOT of Rubicon owners on this forum that went to 37's. @Kevin8086 has wheeled his pretty heavily on a mostly stock Rubicon (spacer lift) and 37's. I'd be interested to hear more input though.

I have a Sport so I'm sort of wondering/hoping it's safe on the D35 in the front on 35's.

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I figured this would be a premature question but noticed a member sold his JL Dana 44 to a manufacturer looking to evaluate apparently for aftermarket support. I’m thinking lot of that going on. Might pry some info off it.

I’m thinking spacers myself. Flat fenders and stubby front/rear bumpers to get started. 37/12.50/17 Trail Grappler MT/Cooper SST or Opeb Country. Best street MTs. 95% plus pavement but I don’t want to worry those 5%. I still need to get home and later go to work. I live in South Florida and nearer good off-road 200 plus miles away.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
There is a thread where these have been taken apart and compared and the new 44’s are much better “beefier” and IMO will handle 37’s which is what I’m running and with the 8 speed there is no reason for me to regear...I’ll try and find the thread...

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
All I’ve seen is a Dynatrac video of the externals. I’m trying to determine if this is now a true 44 equivelent versus just the pumpkin and test 30 or 35. No plans to go beyond 37 for many years but I do plan to wheel and must get home and next day to work under my own power.

Had asked a question on towing and Dana 60 but that was blown out of the water and just can’t justify that expense at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Considering this is stronger steel with beefier Cs and ability to upgrade with 1410 U-joints along with 32 spline chromoly axles and delete the FAD seems promising. From what I’ve gathered so far it’s inline with the Recon/J8 front. Weren’t those engineered to run 37s. Worse case I’ll go 35. Thoughts?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
37’s aren’t going to hurt these axles under normal daily use . They are night and day stronger than the JK 44’s. Obviously there will be exceptions to the rule and hard off-road abuse might reveal deficiencies, but all the right things that needed upgraded, got it. I wouldn’t even blink when pressing “order now” on those 37’s.

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Not going to Moab but want to venture off the pavement. Ocala is close enough to frequent and some sections seem like would stress inferior parts. Not that I’m going to go crazy on the pedal but overkill with parts (within reason) would be appreciated.

Are these now true 44 tubes or still 30/35? That I’ve yet to confirm. I’m hoping chromoly axles and 1410 u-joints let me have fun off-road. Dana 60 not happening anytime so no matter how much I want them.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Not going to Moab but want to venture off the pavement. Ocala is close enough to frequent and some sections seem like would stress inferior parts. Not that I’m going to go crazy on the pedal but overkill with parts (within reason) would be appreciated.

Are these now true 44 tubes or still 30/35? That I’ve yet to confirm. I’m hoping chromoly axles and 1410 u-joints let me have fun off-road. Dana 60 not happening anytime so no matter how much I want them.
The tubes are now 2.75” and thicker so yes much much stronger than the JK44. As I said earlier, just order them. Lol

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I understand Dynatrac is working on this but was hoping someone has already tore these apart so at minimum get axle thickness. Icing on the cake would include strength in bending. Jeep and Dana Splicer claim better steel and I recall from the diagram saying 8% stronger at certain points.

I know I’m asking for too much too early but sometimes one gets pleasantly surprised to discover it’s not too early. Someone just needed to ask. :)

36C2F89E-4DAB-4ED1-BF4C-75387B1D978A.png
54AFB6EC-1478-4071-BBC1-D4DB586D7C27.png
7A54677D-48FD-411F-9C0D-86EA61E7825F.png
F62791E7-662E-4205-B392-1E1108BEB703.png

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
This is extremely promising. Plus CTI. Very cool.

Sponsored