Rubicon crate axle swap on Sport. M210 wide steering linkage

Kenten05

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2020
I’m in the process of swapping the axles on my sport to rubicon crate axles. I realize the tie rod on the steering linkage assembly needs to be longer to account for the wider axles. Others who have done this swap seem to imply that all other parts in the steering linkage are the same.

However, the shop is telling me I also need a different drag link.

I’m under the impression that I only need the tie rod for the M210 wide (part # 68309365AD) in order to make this happen. Can anybody else confirm what part numbers are necessary for the steering linkage on a Sport to work with the M210 wide?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’m in the process of swapping the axles on my sport to rubicon crate axles. I realize the tie rod on the steering linkage assembly needs to be longer to account for the wider axles. Others who have done this swap seem to imply that all other parts in the steering linkage are the same.

I’m under the impression that I only need the tie rod for the M210 wide (part # 68309365AD) in order to make this happen. Can anybody else confirm what part numbers are necessary for the steering linkage on a Sport to work with the M210 wide?
I can’t give you any part numbers but you are correct and you don’t need a new drag link.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

See @ChattVol build thread. Ton of good info on swap.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/billet-stallion-sport-s-full-d44-swap.19973/

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
This guy says he replaced the tie rod and drag link.
I reused the sport draglink on the rubi axles bc its the same dimensionally. The rubi tie rod is longer than the sport...so you have to replace it. I ran the stock sport draglink and rubi tie rod for 15k miles...drove great. Eventually swapped to synergy for both when I went to 37s.

Last edited: