Sponsored

Rubicon at Indy Auto Show

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if those seat backs (plastic area with the nylon military type hooks) are also going to be on the cloth seats or if its just standard seat back pockets when you dont go leather? Hoping for that same look regardless of cloth or leather.

There was one video floating around out there of a detailed Sahara walk through (interior) and its the only time I know of we have seen premium cloth interior....it had regular old seat back pockets. Really hoping Rubicons have that feature in cloth too and that was just a Sahara "luxury" look thing with the pockets! Tried to use the BP 360 view but it was too hard to tell.
The web backing is only available on the Rubicon but it is a standard feature for the Rubi according to the launch brochure.
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 7.42.25 AM.png
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
By time the Chicago Auto Show Rolls around they will already be on lots. Sorta kills the excitement for the show lol.

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
I ordered with cloth seats and noticed when on the Jeep website builder(360 view) that the rear seat is different than the leather on the 4 door rubicons. On the builder it does not show a pull down armrest/middle headrest when selecting the cloth seats. Just something to keep in mind. Doesnt bother me but thought it was interesting that they were different.

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
upload_2017-12-28_9-1-58.png

upload_2017-12-28_9-2-41.png

Here is the side by side from jeep website

Sponsored

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does have me wonder though if the headrests fold the same way as it doesnt seem to show the same front slots that the leather option has to drop the headrests.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It does have me wonder though if the headrests fold the same way as it doesnt seem to show the same front slots that the leather option has to drop the headrests.
You are about 2 weeks late to this debate friend lol. You only get the fold down arm rests in leather on Sahara and Rubicon. No other trim level or cloth seat Rubicon/Sahara get it.

Reactions: JJJ

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are about 2 weeks late to this debate friend lol. You only get the fold down arm rests in leather on Sahara and Rubicon. No other trim level or cloth seat Rubicon/Sahara get it.
Ha! Thanks guess I do not keep up as much. I ordered back in early November and dont like leather in Jeeps or the bump out the armrest causes in the back so it all worked out I guess but still not sure about the headrests. Do they fold forward still or just backwards on the cloth version?

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They fold forward now as opposed to the older JK style of backwards. There is a video out there showing them laying flat on the seat when the seat is pulled up from being layed down (4 door....I assume 2 door is the same setup and they lay forward when folded and tumbled). Agree with you on the leather part, not sure I want leather when I know its just going to have Carolina Clay in it pretty soon lol

Reactions: JJJ

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Thanks for the pics. Too bad the Seattle Auto Show was earlier in the year.:angry:

OP
OP
macintux

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Thanks for the pics. Too bad the Seattle Auto Show was earlier in the year.:angry:
It is highly unusual for Indy to be the center of attention for anything, so nice to get a bit of a jump on most of the country for once.

Even if we can't actually appreciate it up close and personal. Grumble.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is highly unusual for Indy to be the center of attention for anything, so nice to get a bit of a jump on most of the country for once.

Even if we can't actually appreciate it up close and personal. Grumble.
I wonder if the Virginia International auto show will have a JL, it's only about an hour north of me. It's not until mid Feb and I was hoping to have mine by then but if not I will probably go!

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Interesting that the tow hooks are not red. I thought that was standard on the Rubi. Maybe just a preproduction oversight.
Sponsored