Sponsored

Rubicon as a Highway Driver...What? all Good to report...

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It was great! The terrain wasn't challenging, but in Utah, the trail gets very narrow and is a little more challenging. We ran that part at night, which made it even better. I'll definitely do it again. I wish we could have camped at the camp ground on the border. Maybe next time. The scenery was gorgeous all along the trail. The water crossings were all dry when we were there in October. I hear that in the spring, they get deep and can sometimes be impassible.
That's my plan, hoping to camp one night on the RR trail on way to the 2019 EJS. Being the second week in April I'm hoping that all river crossings and higher elevations are open. As of today at least with 30 plus inches of recent snow the trail is still passable in 4WD :like:
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That's my plan, hoping to camp one night on the RR trail on way to the 2019 EJS. Being the second week in April I'm hoping that all river crossings and higher elevations are open. As of today at least with 30 plus inches of recent snow the trail is still passable in 4WD :like:
I would LOVE to try that trail in the snow!

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I would LOVE to try that trail in the snow!
I should be in Montrose either Saturday April 13th or Sunday the 14th on way to the EJS. Wanna meet up?;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I should be in Montrose either Saturday April 13th or Sunday the 14th on way to the EJS. Wanna meet up?;)
I wish I could. I've been traveling the world the last couple years during breaks and just did Rimrocker/Moab last October. I'm going to Greece a year from March, so the chief has told me I have to spend some of the break time at home. Take pics, though and I'll follow along on-line! Next time I head out there I'll certainly let it be known and would love to meet up!

Reactions: KDB

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could. I've been traveling the world the last couple years during breaks and just did Rimrocker/Moab last October. I'm going to Greece a year from March, so the chief has told me I have to spend some of the break time at home. Take pics, though and I'll follow along on-line! Next time I head out there I'll certainly let it be known and would love to meet up!
I was close to hooking up with you all in October as well but had another trip planned for the Smokey mountains at that time. Keep all posted as well on future Jeep trips as I will try to do as well. It would be nice to get a “forum member” trip together someday :rock:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was close to hooking up with you all in October as well but had another trip planned for the Smokey mountains at that time. Keep all posted as well on future Jeep trips as I will try to do as well. It would be nice to get a “forum member” trip together someday :rock:
I agree. That would be great!

TXPearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS 4xe
As other have said, decent highway cruiser...as long as it's not windy. Just finished a 1,300 mi trek across the eastern half of the US. Nice ride with low wind and keeping it under 75mph. I also have the hardtop headliner option, which seems to help dampen the road/wind noise.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Just a PSA....and Good News at that....but wife and i just got back from a Road Trip halfway across our GREAT Country(from NW Arkansas to Williamsburg, VA) and our Rubi did a Fantastic Job on the road...we drove through torrential rain, fog and more and the Rubi was a Champ!!! I dare say that of all our cars, I would pick our Rubi for our next road trip again!

Just some good news I thought I'd share for all the naysayers!
:like::jk::flag:
Love mine on the highway also! More comfortable than the JK

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Ditto, just did a round trip to the beach in my 2019 Rubi URJL, 2.0. Nice ride. Loved the adaptive cruise control. Mileage was around 24-26 the entire way for the 600 mile round trip.

Sponsored

dplanchard

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I have a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon (loaded) with Adaptive cruise control. How can I test the Adaptive cruise control? The 2019 manual is not available? When I turn the Adaptive cruise control system on, It provides one to four bars. What does this mean? Thank you for the help. I love my Rubicon!!!

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The 2019 owners manual is now available online. the bar you see are relative distances to be set from the vehicle in front of you. there is an up down button on the right side of the steering wheel that allows you to choose the distance.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I've driven the Rubicon on two 1600 mile round-trips and can compare it to my 2014 Honda Accord and my now gone 2015 Ford Expedition. The Rubicon is a nice ride, but very sensitive to crosswinds and requires more driving inputs than either of the others. The amenities are nicer than they are on the Honda, not quite as nice as they were on the Expedition. The Expedition required 40+mph crosswinds to shake it from the lane. The Honda gets 32 mpg at 75 mph, the Rubicon gets 17-18. The Accord is also more sensitive to crosswinds than the Expedition was, but not as much as the Rubicon. If I had to rank them for HWY travel, I'd go 1. Accord (mostly due to mpg and noise level. 2. Expedition (mpg was similar to Rubicon but was easier to drive straight in weather). 3. Rubicon.

That said, I don't hesitate to drive it long distances. I got the Rubicon for fun/sun around town and for short trips, which it does better than any other car I have or have had. I'm currently in the middle of another 1600 mile round-trip. I'm in the Accord. The Rubicon is nice, but long HWY travel is not its forte.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven the Rubicon on two 1600 mile round-trips and can compare it to my 2014 Honda Accord and my now gone 2015 Ford Expedition. The Rubicon is a nice ride, but very sensitive to crosswinds and requires more driving inputs than either of the others. The amenities are nicer than they are on the Honda, not quite as nice as they were on the Expedition. The Expedition required 40+mph crosswinds to shake it from the lane. The Honda gets 32 mpg at 75 mph, the Rubicon gets 17-18. The Accord is also more sensitive to crosswinds than the Expedition was, but not as much as the Rubicon. If I had to rank them for HWY travel, I'd go 1. Accord (mostly due to mpg and noise level. 2. Expedition (mpg was similar to Rubicon but was easier to drive straight in weather). 3. Rubicon.

That said, I don't hesitate to drive it long distances. I got the Rubicon for fun/sun around town and for short trips, which it does better than any other car I have or have had. I'm currently in the middle of another 1600 mile round-trip. I'm in the Accord. The Rubicon is nice, but long HWY travel is not its forte.
Most of my “long highway trips” are to get places that I want or need to take the JL so I’m always taking it. Compared to my JK it’s night and day better on the hwy. Agree however on the crosswinds, they suck but nowhere near as bad as my JK.
Sponsored