Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Hey guys,

so I have a 2 door sport that I threw some Rubi take offs on back in 2020. 3 of the shocks are leaking. I sourced some red rubicon shocks off a 4xe for dirt cheap. The part number do not match the original take offs. I understand that the 4xes are heavier But what can i expect preformance wise. Is this swap a good idea? I love my Jeeps current stance and don’t want it to change. Will this affect my ride height? Will the heavier shocks cause a significantly stiffer ride?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it will change the height, but it will likely stiffen the ride.

Drive it and let us know.

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
Hey guys,

so I have a 2 door sport that I threw some Rubi take offs on back in 2020. 3 of the shocks are leaking. I sourced some red rubicon shocks off a 4xe for dirt cheap. The part number do not match the original take offs. I understand that the 4xes are heavier But what can i expect preformance wise. Is this swap a good idea? I love my Jeeps current stance and don’t want it to change. Will this affect my ride height? Will the heavier shocks cause a significantly stiffer ride?
Post a pic of your Jeep. I'm looking to buy some Rubi take offs as well...

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Hey guys,

Shocks from the heaviest wrangler on the lightest wrangler, probably not going to work well.

Shocks have nothing to do with ride height.
Sponsored