Sponsored

Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires?

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I think for me, I am going to wait, run in stock for this year, see what everyone finds and then do lift and tires next year. I figure let everyone else do the testing. In the meantime, ill make some other minor modifications, but see what the trails here in Wisconsin require before going crazy like on my last Jeep. Going to take it slow with this fella.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Bummer to hear about the delays to the mopar lift, as that was the option I was leaning towards. Going to have to see what the updated release date for that will be before making the call. Ideally want to do the swap right away so I can retain as much sellable value as possible on the OEM wheels + tires. Right now it looks like primary plan will be the 35s with no lift.

Rubicon4XE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
Bummer to hear about the delays to the mopar lift, as that was the option I was leaning towards. Going to have to see what the updated release date for that will be before making the call. Ideally want to do the swap right away so I can retain as much sellable value as possible on the OEM wheels + tires. Right now it looks like primary plan will be the 35s with no lift.
Mopar is releasing the lift for order on May 1st. Dealerconnect shows hold for engineering review. I am seeing a handful of dealers who actually have this part in stock.

I plan on going with the Mopar lift as well in addition to adjustable track bars.

Have not decided on 35" tires vs 37" tires.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Mopar is releasing the lift for order on May 1st. Dealerconnect shows hold for engineering review. I am seeing a handful of dealers who actually have this part in stock.

I plan on going with the Mopar lift as well in addition to adjustable track bars.

Same spot here. I loved my 37's on my previous JLU but 35's will give me maybe another mile or two of electric range.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So

So for the ones that are in dealer stock are they going to have to return them to get fixed? Or those don't have issues?

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

The updated lift will have a new part # so what you are likely seeing is the original lift that was recalled.

So I have a 4xe Rubicon I will be running 35's (will be towing behind RV where 37's are not optimal)

With that said I put my 35's on and it was just too low, mind you I have a bumper and winch which drops the front 1/2". I contemplated the Mopar lift as well as several spacer lifts. Here was my findings.

With 35's any lift over 1.5" is too much it just will not look good the tires will feel too small for the well space and since the Mopar lift raises about 3" that is 100% out. Then I looked at 2.5" spacer kits (2.5: front t and 2" rear) I saw a 4xe with 35's and a 2.5" Rough country lift and it did not look very good again too high for the 35's.

I ended up installing the Teraflex 1.5" lift (2" front and 1.5" rear) over the weekend and frankly I may still change the rear to 1" to curve the rake (1/2" was not enough), I have a new steel rear bumper coming so that may offset the rake a bit also. With that said am overall happy and so glade I did not go higher than the 1.5" lift. For reference on all 4 there is exactly 9" between tire and fender flair, any more is too much I would be happy with even 1/2 inch less.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Same spot here. I loved my 37's on my previous JLU but 35's will give me maybe another mile or two of electric range.

There was a report from someone that tested before and after going to 37's they lost 5-6 miles of electric

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
There was a report from someone that tested before and after going to 37's they lost 5-6 miles of electric
I wonder which 37s though... if you kept weight of the wheel + tire low, I bet you could keep that more like 3-4 miles

Rubicon4XE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The updated lift will have a new part # so what you are likely seeing is the original lift that was recalled.

So I have a 4xe Rubicon I will be running 35's (will be towing behind RV where 37's are not optimal)

With that said I put my 35's on and it was just too low, mind you I have a bumper and winch which drops the front 1/2". I contemplated the Mopar lift as well as several spacer lifts. Here was my findings.

With 35's any lift over 1.5" is too much it just will not look good the tires will feel too small for the well space and since the Mopar lift raises about 3" that is 100% out. Then I looked at 2.5" spacer kits (2.5: front t and 2" rear) I saw a 4xe with 35's and a 2.5" Rough country lift and it did not look very good again too high for the 35's.

I ended up installing the Teraflex 1.5" lift (2" front and 1.5" rear) over the weekend and frankly I may still change the rear to 1" to curve the rake (1/2" was not enough), I have a new steel rear bumper coming so that may offset the rake a bit also. With that said am overall happy and so glade I did not go higher than the 1.5" lift. For reference on all 4 there is exactly 9" between tire and fender flair, any more is too much I would be happy with even 1/2 inch less.
I agree, I am sure the part number will change once revisions are made to the lift. I am checking daily as to order one for my Jeep.

Sponsored

Rubicon4XE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My lift arrived from Mopar on May 11th. Making a decision on the front track bar and wheel and tire package before installing.

I really like the Mopar simulated bead lock wheel but prefer something with a negative offset. I really want to go Cooper STT Pro for the tires but my gut tells me to stick with the K02. Will be going 37" for sure.

IMG-1132.jpg

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
My lift arrived from Mopar on May 11th.
Was it still p/n 77072522 or did they update the number?

Also, the Mopar beadlocks look great, but they are quite heavy.

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
I picked up what I think is this same lift yesterday at a dealer in norcal. It is P/N 77072522 the original lift they shipped around the time of the vehicle release. The dealer told me the lift had been in their parts dept a while.

I bought the lift but was concerned about supposed issues with the lift per comments in this forum about it being re-engineered. So I called Jeep Performance Parts and talked to them on the phone. I was told there is nothing wrong with the lift, they are just out of parts as they make the parts for the kits in waves.

It is 100% for sure the PHEV vehicle designed lift so I'm confident the springs and shocks are tuned for the 4xe. I'm less confident about the axle angle being OK or the rear sway bar clearing the shocks or other issues that have been presented in this forum. Items like those would be seen with any lift that doesn't address those particular items in the kit (like longer sway bar links) and if I have those issues I'll address accordingly.

PS I'm running the 35's off my JK right now but plan to go to 37's and AEV fender modification with the lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires? 20210516_170611 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires? 20210523_142401

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I'm approximately at a 5 mile loss in electric. I was running 26 miles and I'm consistently at 21 now.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm approximately at a 5 mile loss in electric. I was running 26 miles and I'm consistently at 21 now.

I assume that was afterTazer adjustment? Since you have documented this maybe you should start a thread about this subject so this can collectively be documented.

Thanks for the valuable info...
Sponsored