Sponsored

Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires?

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Not worth the Paper it is printed on, as it has to be fought in Federal court at your legal expense. It is a loser either way and industry knows it. Without class action it is useless...
You're right that's somewhat true but the industry knows there can be PR costs to their business beyond the claim. It's been a number of years since I worked in warranty mgmt for one of the large mfrs, but it did not cost much for a customer to find a good attorney with experience in that area to write an even-tempered, factually-logical letter. It costs a mfr far more in legal costs and PR than to simply take care of a problem under warranty or just "goodwill" it if the claim is reasonable. Arbitration is where this usually ends up if the mfr still says no and the dollar amount is significant.

Mfrs start at "NO!" because, well, that's extremely easy and free for them to do. Then, they watch the customer response and measure what to do next knowing many people just drop further action. Keep in mind that for every legitimate claim there are many times more scam artists working to get their hands into a mfr's pocket for obvious non-defect related issues, hence the mfr stance.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Do any of you know if the Mopar lift crate will fit in the back of a 4xe?

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
Do any of you know if the Mopar lift crate will fit in the back of a 4xe?
100% it will. Photo below is 4xe lift in 4xe vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires? 20210526_162151

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thank very much. I was too excited & decided to just go for it. Figured I could always disassemble the parts, but no need.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires? 20210615_110122
Congrats!

Mind sharing some of the details like where you snagged it (one report of a back order of weeks) what they charged, and what the part number was (some confusion on how to confirm whether the “new” kit or “old” kit was received)?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Congrats!

Mind sharing some of the details like where you snagged it (one report of a back order of weeks) what they charged, and what the part number was (some confusion on how to confirm whether the “new” kit or “old” kit was received)?
I paid $1399 including the 10% sales tax through the parts department at the Jeep dealership in Renton, WA. I asked about the 15% parts discount & was offered 1270.25 (before tax) rather than the 1495 MSRP.

I ordered on June 2 and was told to expect a 3-4 week wait; it arrived today after 2 weeks.

The dealership service department quoted me 1250 to install. I will either go with another shop (4WP wants $800 including alignment) or just buy some more tools & install it myself.

The part number I have is 77072522 and shows a packaging date of 24Nov2020 which seems like an "old" kit. I will check with Jeep Performance parts tomorrow if this kit is OK for use since the date code is from before the "recall" or re-engineering of the 4xe lift.

20210615_214853.jpg

Espyr

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe High Altitude
Has anyone installed a spacer lift themselves yet? I just ordered a 2.5" spacer kit (specifically because it already comes with longer sway bar links which, as I understand it, are required for almost any lift on this model due to the extra 1" on the 4xe).

Ordered a track bar also so should be good on that front. Just wondering if there's anything special about installing lifts specifically from the actual installation, since I think I've got the parts situation figured out.

I have the High Altitude trim rather than the Rubi, so slightly off topic from the forum title but figured installation itself should be the same between trims.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone installed a spacer lift themselves yet? I just ordered a 2.5" spacer kit (specifically because it already comes with longer sway bar links which, as I understand it, are required for almost any lift on this model due to the extra 1" on the 4xe).

Ordered a track bar also so should be good on that front. Just wondering if there's anything special about installing lifts specifically from the actual installation, since I think I've got the parts situation figured out.

I have the High Altitude trim rather than the Rubi, so slightly off topic from the forum title but figured installation itself should be the same between trims.

Your should be good to go. Installs like any other. However being a 4xe I would install adjustable front lower control arms as your caster will be off a bit. That will get your geometry back to stock.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Your should be good to go. Installs like any other. However being a 4xe I would install adjustable front lower control arms as your caster will be off a bit. That will get your geometry back to stock.
The LCAs from the Mopar kit are a low cost option (~$60/pr) I've been considering to help out with the caster if I end up piecing together a lift instead of a full kit. Not as good as the adjustable, but can help keep cost down.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hey guys, still waiting on the truck, but wanted to run plans by you for comments.
Basically a budget mopar 2”. JLURe, it’s my wife’s (5’) daily so looking for stock handling and probably 35 KO2s, HOPEFULLY some minor trail use. I’d do more, but don’t want to waste cash on her mall crawler.

1. 1.5 TF spacer lift (2” front/1.5” rear)
2. TF shock extensions
3. Mopar lift LCAs
4. Mopar lift Bumps
5. Mopar lift sway extensions

If necessary an inexpensive adjustable track bar.

I figure this retains factory handling and gets some lift, anything off base?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hey guys, still waiting on the truck, but wanted to run plans by you for comments.
Basically a budget mopar 2”. JLURe, it’s my wife’s (5’) daily so looking for stock handling and probably 35 KO2s, HOPEFULLY some minor trail use. I’d do more, but don’t want to waste cash on her mall crawler.

1. 1.5 TF spacer lift (2” front/1.5” rear)
2. TF shock extensions
3. Mopar lift LCAs
4. Mopar lift Bumps
5. Mopar lift sway extensions

If necessary an inexpensive adjustable track bar.

I figure this retains factory handling and gets some lift, anything off base?
Funny you should post this, for multiple reasons:

1. I’ve been trying to figure this out myself
2. You’re someone on the board I’ve identified as someone knowledgeable and technical who I would trust - so I am eager to follow along with your decision process.

One thing I keep hitting as I consider piecing together a kit like you’re thinking of is - at this point, we’re not far off from the MOPAR kit; should we just jump to that option?

One difference between us, I’ll be on 37s compared to your wife’s 35s. Still mild use though with a trail maybe 5x/year and nothing too wild.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Funny you should post this, for multiple reasons:

1. I’ve been trying to figure this out myself
2. You’re someone on the board I’ve identified as someone knowledgeable and technical who I would trust - so I am eager to follow along with your decision process.

One thing I keep hitting as I consider piecing together a kit like you’re thinking of is - at this point, we’re not far off from the MOPAR kit; should we just jump to that option?

One difference between us, I’ll be on 37s compared to your wife’s 35s. Still mild use though with a trail maybe 5x/year and nothing too wild.
The new shocks are the big dollar impact. The mopar comes with about $700 worth of foxes. By all accounts I’ve seen, they’re great shocks.

Also, since it isn’t Rub specific, you’ll get an inch less from the springs compared to a Sahara/HE.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The new shocks are the big dollar impact. The mopar comes with about $700 worth of foxes. By all accounts I’ve seen, they’re great shocks.

Also, since it isn’t Rub specific, you’ll get an inch less from the springs compared to a Sahara/HE.
My thought in the Fox shocks as well, I’ve had Falcons before (Dynatrac) on an ‘18 JLUR but never Foxes. Curious to try them.

In terms of height, my goal is actually the minimal lift possible to clear 37s (personal cosmetic preference and practicality with family use).

For your 35s and wife’s access considerations, I’m guessing the Mopar lift would be adequate height, is it the $700 in shocks that you’re thinking is overkill/not needed for her use (which may be similar to mine)?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
My thought in the Fox shocks as well, I’ve had Falcons before (Dynatrac) on an ‘18 JLUR but never Foxes. Curious to try them.

In terms of height, my goal is actually the minimal lift possible to clear 37s (personal cosmetic preference and practicality with family use).

For your 35s and wife’s access considerations, I’m guessing the Mopar lift would be adequate height, is it the $700 in shocks that you’re thinking is overkill/not needed for her use (which may be similar to mine)?
That and I really wanted to preserve the stock ride (at least the body roll) as much as I could. She’s been driving cars for the last 20 years and I don’t want her to feel like she’s gonna roll if she takes an on-ramp too fast, which, knowing her, is pretty likely. That’s why is was looking at spacers instead of springs too.
Sponsored