Sponsored

Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I assume that was afterTazer adjustment? Since you have documented this maybe you should start a thread about this subject so this can collectively be documented.

Thanks for the valuable info...
Yes, it was after the Tazer adjustment. I want to put some more miles on it to make sure that is the loss in my driving situation.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I picked up what I think is this same lift yesterday at a dealer in norcal. It is P/N 77072522 the original lift they shipped around the time of the vehicle release. The dealer told me the lift had been in their parts dept a while.

I bought the lift but was concerned about supposed issues with the lift per comments in this forum about it being re-engineered. So I called Jeep Performance Parts and talked to them on the phone. I was told there is nothing wrong with the lift, they are just out of parts as they make the parts for the kits in waves.

It is 100% for sure the PHEV vehicle designed lift so I'm confident the springs and shocks are tuned for the 4xe. I'm less confident about the axle angle being OK or the rear sway bar clearing the shocks or other issues that have been presented in this forum. Items like those would be seen with any lift that doesn't address those particular items in the kit (like longer sway bar links) and if I have those issues I'll address accordingly.

PS I'm running the 35's off my JK right now but plan to go to 37's and AEV fender modification with the lift.
20210516_170611 (1).jpg

20210523_142401.jpg
Mind sharing an update on how things have worked out for you? I'd like to pull the trigger on the Mopar 2" 77072522 as well if it is working out for people. I saw one thread that had bowing issues and am curious what your experience has been so far.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Mind sharing an update on how things have worked out for you? I'd like to pull the trigger on the Mopar 2" 77072522 as well if it is working out for people. I saw one thread that had bowing issues and am curious what your experience has been so far.
The Bowing issue is likely trackbar related. The lift will leave the front axle off center and require a adjustable track bar. With the axle off center that will cause the springs to lean/bow. Even my Teraflex 1.5" has that issue I had to buy a new trackbar.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bowing issue is likely trackbar related. The lift will leave the front axle off center and require a adjustable track bar. With the axle off center that will cause the springs to lean/bow. Even my Teraflex 1.5" has that issue I had to buy a new trackbar.
I 2nd this as, while waiting for the trackbar, my springs were bowing to the sides a bit. Once the trackbar was put on, the bowing is very very minimal now.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I 2nd this as, while waiting for the trackbar, my springs were bowing to the sides a bit. Once the trackbar was put on, the bowing is very very minimal now.
Interesting. I wonder if those who have already purchased the kit and had it installed by a dealer will get a free track bar out of this in the end.

And for the rest of us mortals who will end up buying our own adjustable track bars... what’s the favorite?

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I wonder if those who have already purchased the kit and had it installed by a dealer will get a free track bar out of this in the end.

And for the rest of us mortals who will end up buying our own adjustable track bars... what’s the favorite?
I have Teraflex.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I went with the Rancho track bar $173. There are a couple Blue track bars available almost pulled the trigger just was not sure of the quality

https://steinjager.com/shop/Track-Bar-2018-Present-Southwest-Blue-J0048799

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires? 4461-750x750w

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

That could be true. Had dealer install my Mopar lift. How or where can I check if I got an additional part?

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
That could be true. Had dealer install my Mopar lift. How or where can I check if I got an additional part?
I don’t think you got one. It’ll probably take @JeepCares and multiple corporate conversations if it turns out the Mopar 4xe lift is indeed causing inappropriate spring bowing without an adjustable track bar.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don’t think you got one. It’ll probably take @JeepCares and multiple corporate conversations if it turns out the Mopar 4xe lift is indeed causing inappropriate spring bowing without an adjustable track bar.
Anytime you have 2.5" or more (uest the Mopar kits says 2" but it is generally closer to 2.5-3") on a typical JL you should replace the track bar (not required though typically). But with the added inch of the 4xe it is almost mandatory. Plan on it. Mopar would not provide a track bar most likely they would devise an extension bracket if they do not have one already. Most aftermarket trackbars are more HD than the stock so there are other added bennies to upgrading besides alignment of the axle.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anytime you have 2.5" or more (uest the Mopar kits says 2" but it is generally closer to 2.5-3") on a typical JL you should replace the track bar (not required though typically). But with the added inch of the 4xe it is almost mandatory. Plan on it. Mopar would not provide a track bar most likely they would devise an extension bracket if they do not have one already. Most aftermarket trackbars are more HD than the stock so there are other added bennies to upgrading besides alignment of the axle.
Definitely worth the trackbar and, as suspension parts, go it isn't super expensive.

Last edited:

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
Hi there, missed this, apology. The lift was going on this week but I ended up w some work travel so maybe next week. Seeing the comments above recommending a new track bar. I have a new Metalcloak Track Bar that is going on with the lift, purchased because MetalCloak required it for their differential cover w skid plate, which I already have on the vehicle. If the theory about the Track Bar needing to be adjusted to the lift is accurate I should have no problems!

I will post a follow up when the lift is installed, which I'm having done at a shop. I installed the lift on my JK and while I'm glad I COULD do the work and know how, it's a bit more work than I prefer to tackle with a couple floor jacks and jack stands. Also Mopar recommends the lift be installed and the vehicle pushed to the alignment rack and aligned before torquing all the bolts, I can't do that at home.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hi there, missed this, apology. The lift was going on this week but I ended up w some work travel so maybe next week. Seeing the comments above recommending a new track bar. I have a new Metalcloak Track Bar that is going on with the lift, purchased because MetalCloak required it for their differential cover w skid plate, which I already have on the vehicle. If the theory about the Track Bar needing to be adjusted to the lift is accurate I should have no problems!

I will post a follow up when the lift is installed, which I'm having done at a shop. I installed the lift on my JK and while I'm glad I COULD do the work and know how, it's a bit more work than I prefer to tackle with a couple floor jacks and jack stands. Also Mopar recommends the lift be installed and the vehicle pushed to the alignment rack and aligned before torquing all the bolts, I can't do that at home.

What would there be to aligning there is no alignment outside of axle side to side which is done with the adjustable track bar (not included in Mopar kit). and the included lower front LCA is a extended fixed length so no adjustment there. I see people getting charged for alignment when they have these lifts installed when there is no alignment to be done. Just LCA and shock torque should be done on the ground
Sponsored