Sponsored

Rubicon 4xe: any plans for lift and/or bigger tires?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Just curious what other folks plans are with their Rubicon 4xe? I keep bouncing back between going no lift with ~34.4" 315-70-17 BFG K02s, or 2in mopar lift and 37"x12.5x17 BFG K02s (both small and light for their respective sizes). If I go the lifted route, definitely going with mopar so I can keep the warranty intact with the hybrid tech.
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
For me I will probably go with 35s either metric or 35/12.5. Most likely put a 2" Mopar lift. Beings as this is supposed to be for the wife, I would be fine without a lift. Really want to see a couple people put bigger tires on before I make my decision. Might try 37's Good thing for me is the standard Jeep tires are the same size I run on my FJ so I won't have to worry about selling them.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I'm doing the same thing I have now which is 2 inch lift with 37 X 12.5 on 17's Falken WildPeak AT

Last edited:

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Just curious what other folks plans are with their Rubicon 4xe? I keep bouncing back between going no lift with ~34.4" 315-70-17 BFG K02s, or 2in mopar lift and 37"x12.5x17 BFG K02s (both small and light for their respective sizes). If I go the lifted route, definitely going with mopar so I can keep the warranty intact with the hybrid tech.
I had the same dilemma. I currently have your first option (315s) on my rubicon right now. I love how it looks and I've been very happy. I'm sure that would be the best choice to take advantage of the 4XE's efficiency without sacrificing a ton. In the end, I decided to go with 37" K02s and the Mopar lift (once available) for the same reasons you listed. I feel as though I need to take advantage of that 470 ft lbs of torque lol. Just a word to the wise though, shop the Mopar lift install around to local area dealers! I got prices ranging from 600-1350 for the same install with an alignment! Good luck!

eLECTRICON

The problem right now is none of the aftermarket lifts have a rear spring rated for the weight of the battery pack. Jeep just released the Mopar 2" lift for the 4xe PHEV. That's the only one I know of right now. Unless you go with spring spacers and longer shocks. That way you retain factory springs which ARE rated for the battery weight. Then I would recommend track bar relocation brackets and front lower control arm relocation brackets for caster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
The problem right now is none of the aftermarket lifts have a rear spring rated for the weight of the battery pack. Jeep just released the Mopar 2" lift for the 4xe PHEV. That's the only one I know of right now. Unless you go with spring spacers and longer shocks. That way you retain factory springs which ARE rated for the battery weight. Then I would recommend track bar relocation brackets and front lower control arm relocation brackets for caster.
If I go the lifted w/ 37s route, I would definitely do the upcoming mopar 4xe 2" lift kit to keep the warranty intact. I would perhaps look at swapping that out with other companies more complete aftermarket lift kits after the warranty expires, as I imagine there would be plenty of options available by that point in time. Honestly, probably going to go that route whether I lift immediately or not...

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I'm not doing anything until either the original tires wear out or the warranty expires. if the tires go first (I'll probably run out of warranty years before miles) I'll go to 35s unlifted and not Baja the thing offload.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
With all this talk of 37's, we know non-Mopar Lifts have potential warranty compliance issues. What does anyone think regarding how 37's may effect the warranty? Mine should be delivered in about 4 weeks, It sounds like the Mopar lift went back to the drawing board (according to the dealer 3 days ago) so who knows when it will be released. So now I am planning on buying the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift ($199) then adding the 37's right after delivery and then upgrading to the Mopar lift later. The Electric motors and warranty are a game changer for me when considering all this.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
With all this talk of 37's, we know non-Mopar Lifts have potential warranty compliance issues. What does anyone think regarding how 37's may effect the warranty? Mine should be delivered in about 4 weeks, It sounds like the Mopar lift went back to the drawing board (according to the dealer 3 days ago) so who knows when it will be released. So now I am planning on buying the Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift ($199) then adding the 37's right after delivery and then upgrading to the Mopar lift later. The Electric motors and warranty are a game changer for me when considering all this.
https://www.autocare.org/government-relations/current-issues/Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act
From above " The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits product manufacturers from conditioning consumer warranties on the use of any original equipment part or service. Furthermore, a manufacturer can only deny warranty coverage if it can demonstrate that a non-original equipment part or related service caused a defect to occur in the original product. In the case of motor vehicles, new car manufacturers have ignored these conditions outlined in Magnuson-Moss and have misled consumers to believe that they must have dealer service shops install only original equipment replacement parts or fear having their new car warranty voided. "

The above is what keeps the after-market manufacturers alive. Without this act, we would not have the huge number of after-market parts available to modify our Jeeps.

Dealing with the dealer, may be a challenge, but I don't let that deter me from modifying my Jeep. Jeep has to prove the modification caused the problem (may be a battle but the law is on your side). Jeep knows the appeal to many of their buyers is the ability to modify this vehicle. They don't hold Easter Jeep Safari so people can see and show off stock Jeeps. I modify my Jeep on day one. I don't wait three years to make mods. Jeep has to prove the mod caused the problem. If you feel Jeep is such a POS that any mod will F it up, then buy something else. I just go for it, and to date, many years later, have not had even one issue that required warranty work! :) Happy with my Jeep and the mods I have done, all within the warranty period.

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It will be lifted as soon as a lift is available for the 4Xe that I like. Terraflex already has the charging stations in preparation to get their products out for it.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Not worth the Paper it is printed on, as it has to be fought in Federal court at your legal expense. It is a loser either way and industry knows it. Without class action it is useless...
Right... Federal Court...

After market manufacturers lobbied for this, and made it happen. This is their life blood.

OK, buy your Jeep. Keep it stock, and enjoy. I'll buy mine, mod it, and not look back. I have not had any issues with my Jeep. I've modifyied the hell out of it and haven't had any issues. Life is too short.

4x4PNW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Seqouia, Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
I’m pretty sure the Mopar 2” lift kit for 4xe is already released.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m pretty sure the Mopar 2” lift kit for 4xe is already released.
Again, I tried to order for the arrival of my 4xe just this last Friday, They called Mopar and they said there are issues with it and it has been pulled and sent back for engineering redesign as there were issues with it. Updated release is for now indefinite.

4x4PNW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Seqouia, Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
Again, I tried to order for the arrival of my 4xe just this last Friday, They called Mopar and they said there are issues with it and it has been pulled and sent back for engineering redesign as there were issues with it. Updated release is for now indefinite.
Ah that’s a bummer. I guess I will wait for rhe redesign. Thanks for the update.
Sponsored