RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Does anybody know if the bronze wheels are an option or standard? The hydro blue one had the bronze wheels and the granite had the black ones during Jeeps promotion of the 392.
Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Reordered as sold order. Still can’t pick half doors. Oh well.
What color did you choose? It depends on that.

The Red was “late availably” for the half doors so it wasn’t an option for me either.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
revised insde soure says allocations are almost sold, 164 allocations total for the first batch, after that probably a price increase. So dont feel bad paying MSRP on the 1st rollout what ever the price is its only going to go up in the future. The price will increase after the initial rollout and everyone see’s it and wants one.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
got mine ordered! Super excited to wait 3-4 months...

Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread 1605985833297

Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Does anybody know if the bronze wheels are an option or standard? The hydro blue one had the bronze wheels and the granite had the black ones during Jeeps promotion of the 392.
As far as I know, it's standard. There was NOT an option for the wheels, just the tires.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
As far as I know, it's standard. There was NOT an option for the wheels, just the tires.
That's how it was when I ordered. Two tire options, but no wheel options.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Very interesting, I can see people preferring black over bronze and vice versa. Bizarre that it seems to be up in wonder. I see all it’s says in the features is Mopar beadlock capable wheels. Usually they will say the color they are finished in.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is anyone worried about aftermarket parts for these? I have never run a vehicle without a fully belly skid and I’m a little worried the market may be so small for these that we won’t see many 392 specific parts.....
I am sure we will see aftermarket support as at the end of the day it is not that drastically different over any other JL.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
revised insde soure says allocations are almost sold, 164 allocations total for the first batch, after that probably a price increase. So dont feel bad paying MSRP on the 1st rollout what ever the price is its only going to go up in the future. The price will increase after the initial rollout and everyone see’s it and wants one.
Complete bullshit.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I’m sort of with you. But about 10 years ago, I bought a high mileage, all freeway JKU to do my Hemi swap in. Got a great deal on it.

It was a few year old 2007 Rubicon. I bought it to transform so it was perfect. I bought a 6.1 SRT crate motor, new 545RFE TRANS, lift, 37’s, bumpers, etc etc etc. I spent 62k in just parts.
Prior to deciding on the JLUR, I had a similar plan.

Every vehicle out there has a buyer. Every vehicle is worth what it is paid for by the buyer. Every owner has their reasons why or why not. But to compare your 2.0 to this, and to say not for $30k more, personally tells me more on why you own a Jeep than Anything else.

I too have a 2.0.
I am not disagreeing. I am curious what this tells you about "why I own a Jeep more than anything else"? Also...I have the 3.6.

dczarster

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
I just got the list of standard equipment from the agent I'm using, see attached.

I'm pleased to see so many options as standard but also getting more worried about the potential price tag.

My agent is excellent, she has guaranteed little to no dealer markup (as she has fleet buying power) and I have only put down a $1k fully refundable deposit.

Attachments

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Geesus.. that's approaching 911 territory..
To be fair though, the 392 could keep up to a base 911. This while retaining traditional wrangler functions such as removable doors and top as well as off-road capability justifies the price to some extent. Niche vehicles will always cost a pretty penny.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I am not disagreeing. I am curious what this tells you about "why I own a Jeep more than anything else"? Also...I have the 3.6.
I apologize. I misread your post. I edited mine and removed that statement.
Sponsored