Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Ordered yesterday. Firecracker.

Was #3 at my dealer.

Planning to move my LOD bumpers and sliders across, as well as Fox 2.5's, and RK lift, and Synergy steering.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Geesus.. that's approaching 911 territory..
Yes, but would you rather have a JLURD for $65k or a more equipped JLURH for $2000 more?

For me it is zero consideration and so glad I hesitated to jump on the diesel train earlier.

Also our political climate here is changing and I am not so sure in a couple years if such vehicles will be available at any cost new. Europe is well on that path.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I guarantee you, as soon as these hit the market you will start hearing about people accidentally blowing their softtop windows off on the highway. Hell that almost happens now if you riding with the glass windows down.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
Looks like I better get to work. My Jeep-obsessed-build-budget just doubled. As if our fuel & Jeep parts budgets weren't bad enough already :LOL:
#NoHybridsInTheHukillHouse

Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread IMG_1614

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Curious. At what point will you back out? My order the dealer thought it might be 90K. I'll not spend that considering what I can do to my 2021 JLUR for the difference (that's a used F150, trailer, and still drivable JLUR on 37s).

My order replicates my JLUR, adding front camera and the adaptive cruise package I didn't want. I'll pay, but I won't add $30K to what I have for the power.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Curious. At what point will you back out? My order the dealer thought it might be 90K. I'll not spend that considering what I can do to my 2021 JLUR for the difference (that's a used F150, trailer, and still drivable JLUR on 37s).

My order replicates my JLUR, adding front camera and the adaptive cruise package I didn't want. I'll pay, but I won't add $30K to what I have for the power.
I’m sort of with you. But about 10 years ago, I bought a high mileage, all freeway JKU to do my Hemi swap in. Got a great deal on it.

It was a few year old 2007 Rubicon. I bought it to transform so it was perfect. I bought a 6.1 SRT crate motor, new 545RFE TRANS, lift, 37’s, bumpers, etc etc etc. I spent 62k in just parts.

All my own labor except the exhaust. That was a two weekend in person job at a company that mandrel bends for race car chassis. I had this so perfect. Way up and out of the way, proper back pressure, perfect.

it was a 425 hp motor. Those numbers are crank numbers, not at the wheels. When mine was all done, I had it dyno’d. I was at 330hp, 332 torque AT THE WHEELS, on 37’s. It was an absolute beast.

Of course it needed a new ECM flashed for the new setup. This removed all restrictions. I say that because I had it GPS speed at 130 mph. Smooth as silk!

I’ve mentioned elsewhere that that was my Jeep. It started a little adventure on building others. I did 8 more conversions. All 5.7’s and one was a manual trans converted to auto with the Hemi.

It’s safe to say I’m extremely intimate in hemi’s in Wranglers. So for me, knowing there’s now an OEM Hemi in a wrangler makes me say things like “at any price” or “worth any penny”. Their R&D for this to work is what makes this worth it. From the frame modifications to proper cooling. Mine worked perfectly but the fact that this new 392 has way more power, has all the modern tech designed with it, and is quite honestly, a history making design.

There’s nothing like cranking up a Hemi Wrangler. Nothing. A Hemi Wrangler is no ordinary wrangler. The feel, the power, the sounds, the overall driving experience is what makes a wrangler a wrangler. It’s not a Cadillac, it’s not BMW, it’s not a Ford. It’s a Jeep.

Every vehicle out there has a buyer. Every vehicle is worth what it is paid for by the buyer. Every owner has their reasons why or why not. But you can’t compare your 2.0 to this 392. It’s a totally different animal (beast really).

I have a 2.0. The adaptive cruise and related braking safety options were not available when I got it. My wife’s 2019 Cherokee does have those things and I love it. Absolute love it. The lack of those features, is one reason I wanted to upgrade the Rubi. Now with a Hemi!!!?? Sign me up. Even for $30k more.

I’m also not a mall crawler. I have not modified my current 2.0 Rubi because it hasn’t needed it. Trust me, I like the bigger tires and all that but I know what it takes to go there. I still wheel the crap out of it and take immaculate care of it. It’s designed for it. Period.

Now the best of all worlds is here. POWER! Luxury! Safety! Strength!

Have I said sign me up already? Wait, I already am.

Last edited:

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
I’m sort of with you. But about 10 years ago, I bought a high mileage, all freeway JKU to do my Hemi swap in. Got a great deal on it.

It was a few year old 2007 Rubicon. I bought it to transform so it was perfect. I bought a 6.1 SRT crate motor, new 545RFE TRANS, lift, 37’s, bumpers, etc etc etc. I spent 62k in just parts.

All my own labor except the exhaust. That was a two weekend in person job at a company that mandrel bends for race car chassis. I had this so perfect. Way up and out of the way, proper back pressure, perfect.

it was a 425 hp motor. Those numbers are crank numbers, not at the wheels. When mine was all done, I had it dyno’d. I was at 330hp, 332 torque AT THE WHEELS, on 37’s. It was an absolute beast.

Of course it needed a new ECM flashed for the new setup. This removed all restrictions. I say that because I had it GPS speed at 130 mph. Smooth as silk!

I’ve mentioned elsewhere that that was my Jeep. It started a little adventure on building others. I did 8 more conversions. All 5.7’s and one was a manual trans converted to auto with the Hemi.

It’s safe to say I’m extremely intimate in hemi’s in Wranglers. So for me, knowing there’s now an OEM Hemi in a wrangler makes me say things like “at any price” or “worth any penny”. Their R&D for this to work is what makes this worth it. From the frame modifications to proper cooling. Mine worked perfectly but the fact that this new 392 has way more power, has all the modern tech designed with it, and is quite honestly, a history making design.

There’s nothing like cranking up a Hemi Wrangler. Nothing. A Hemi wrangler is no ordinary wrangler. The feel, the power, the sounds, the overall driving experience is what makes a wrangler a wrangler. It’s not a Cadillac, it’s not BMW, it’s not a Ford. It’s a Jeep.

Every vehicle out there has a buyer. Every vehicle is worth what it is paid for it. Every owner has their reasons why or why not. But to compare your 2.0 to this, and to say not for 30k more, personally tells me more on why you own a Jeep than Anything else.

I too have a 2.0. The adaptive cruise and related braking safety options we not available when I got it. My wife’s 2019 Cherokee does. I love it. Absolute love it. The lack of those features, is one reason I wanted to upgrade the Rubi. Now with a Hemi!!!?? Sign me up. Even for $30k more.

I’m also not a mall crawler. I have not modified my current 2.0 Rubi because it hasn’t needed it. Trust me, I like the bigger tires and all that but I know what it takes to go there. I still wheel the crap out of it and take immaculate care of it. It’s designed for it. Period.

Now the best of all worlds is here. POWER! Luxury! Safety! Strength!

Have I said sign me up already? Wait, I already am.
Well said. I'm sure there's a number where I'd get logical and walk away, but I don't believe MSRP on this will get anywhere near it. The love I have for my Hemi JT, and the money I have in it is far above any other vehicle I've owned and the excitement in my wife's eyes over this 392 JL shows that she's on the same track. It's going to be a blast and worth every penny. YOLO!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The JLURH may sell for 90k (or more?) in some markets but that will be with 20k of dealer markup. These are the same markets that were selling Gladiators for >70k at launch.

The big cities are full of stupid people who have no sense of value of money as they never own anything - it's all financed. Vehicles, million+ dollar condo at the beach, townhome in the city. I know a guy who's wife "rents" her high end wardrobe - this is how stupid city dwellers are. They live paycheck to paycheck and save nothing.

You also see it in how they run and treat those cities - corrupt shit-holes run by corrupt ass-holes. Nobody cares as no pride of ownership. If it gets run down just move along to the next place to destroy.

If you find a decent dealer outside of the major cities I am confident you will be able to get a JLURH just under 70k with the mandatory options.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Curious, I've never bought a vehicle with dealer mark up. Where is that in the purchase? Is it physically added and written onto the sticker?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Curious, I've never bought a vehicle with dealer mark up. Where is that in the purchase? Is it physically added and written onto the sticker?
If you know invoice and/or MSRP, which you should when car shopping, it will be the delta between sticker and invoice minus any of the crap below.

They may also try to force you into undercoating, paint protection, scotch-guard, window etching, clear bras, immobilizers, remote starts, etc, etc, etc. Those are all cash cows for them. Also extended warranty they will over-charge for given the chance.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Here’s mine 3pm deposit paid yesterday 19th. Received my VON today. Went with Black, thinking with the Bronze gold emblems accents should pop. No half doors already have mopar tube doors from my Black 2019 Rubi. 1% under MSRP but have to finance 30K through their financing, company no problem will pay it off on 1st payment = no finance charge
Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread 0B245147-BD63-4B94-AF2C-AC495720B558
Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread 64B68083-760F-4DEB-9FEA-C76DBFFF1F20
Sponsored