RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Ordered my Granite Crystal 392 today with just a $500 deposit. I never thought I'd sell my 2011 JKUR after all the work I've done to get it just right, but I've always needed more power over the 3.8L clunker, especially given the weight I now carry for overlanding.
Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Very excited for the day these start hitting lots. Ordered mine on the 19th, Sarge Green (only seen one other person that bought Sarge). If I don't buy any more Jeeps between now and delivery, it will be #108 for me.
That’s impressive. I thought I had a problem. I’m good.

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler rubicon
Ordered my Granite Crystal 392 today with just a $500 deposit. I never thought I'd sell my 2011 JKUR after all the work I've done to get it just right, but I've always needed more power over the 3.8L clunker, especially given the weight I now carry for overlanding.
hi. May I ask which dealer you ordered from? And at MSRP?

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Got mine at MSRP with $2500 deposit.

One dealership told me 5k over MSRP and $2500 deposit that was none-refundable. That’s robbery, literally. I nearly called FCA to report them.

We as a community need to weed out poor dealership management with our dollars, or lack there of.

bjord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Limited X, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 on order
What does the build priority number in lower right of the sheets mean? Mine says 99, as do alot of others, and then some say 1 ? Anyone know the signifigance?

Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
What does the build priority number in lower right of the sheets mean? Mine says 99, as do alot of others, and then some say 1 ? Anyone know the signifigance?
I asked my guy that exact question. Here’s what he said

“Mike if your question was why they initial order was build priority 99 – they are all 99 until the factory accepts the order and prioritizes it – yours is in 01 now. (see attached) And ALL HIGH DEMAND vehicles like Hellcats, TRXs etc, and this 392 will be in BG status (not considered for scheduling) until they get on the schedule – it is not something to be concerned about”

So there you go :)

bjord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Limited X, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 on order
So, after my previous post I contacted my salesman. He sent me an updated sheet with build priority 1, but it also says status BG - order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling. It was assigned a VON however.
Jeep Wrangler JL RUBICON 392 Edition JL Club Thread 392 Build sheet

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nothing else to do now but wait. Join the club.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
That’s an interesting idea; overlanding in a 392.... you’d better strap a 55gal barrel of gas to the back.

9.4MPG average on MotorTrend test drive ... stock... wow even worse than expected and will only go downhill from there with bigger tires and a lift

Sponsored

Lifenajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, 2008 jku, 1978 cj7, 2001 xj, 1997 tj, custom buggy, 2002 Excursion plus others
That's bad. I literally called my guy and he said "done"
Got mine at MSRP with $2500 deposit.

One dealership told me 5k over MSRP and $2500 deposit that was none-refundable. That’s robbery, literally. I nearly called FCA to report them.

We as a community need to weed out poor dealership management with our dollars, or lack there of.
Want the name of my guy?

JohnnyJeepSales

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Reordered as sold order. Still can’t pick half doors. Oh well.
I may be late to the party but reason being is, when you order dual top group the soft top comes in the back with the seats folded down. So, I assume the doors will come in the back as well if you order the dual doors instead.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I may be late to the party but reason being is, when you order dual top group the soft top comes in the back with the seats folded down. So, I assume the doors will come in the back as well if you order the dual doors instead.
I figured the same but even with the dual top not selected, they were greyed out.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Appreciate the offer my friend, but I found a straight sales guy here in San Antonio :like:

Also, the 9.4mpg was on the prototype on 37s while journalists were doing burnouts and checking acceleration. If Jeep hadn’t corrected for tire size, actual MPG is probably 10-12% higher. So maybe 10.5 mpg while being a hooligan. - -> 220-250 mile range on the road with normal driving on 37’s?🤷‍♂️.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This is interesting. I came across an article from the Middle East. It states early on in the article about the 392"

"Dhofar Automotive, the official distributor of Jeep vehicles in the Sultanate has announced the arrival of the vehicle to the Sultanate, set to be available soon."

The complete article is HERE
Sponsored