Rubicon 392 - A Little Info

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
I wanted to share a little,(I stress little), update I got from my Dealer a few mins ago, and it only concerns Production Numbers and Wait Times.
My salesperson Kate (who’s awesome)@ https://www.courtesycj.com/ ... called me a few mins ago and told me that there will be a total of 300 Rubicon 392’s produced in 2021 and thus the Production Times could go 6 months.

If anyone near SE PA wants a dealer with great pricing on anything other than the 392, including beating the FCA Tread Lightly discount, reach out to Kate.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I doubt they would waste the development costs for a 392, including crash testing to only make 300 units, that is laughable, but tell Kate nice story :)

They will sell as many as there are takers.

OP
OP
Gurk

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Sounds like Kate is hungry for some sales with her growing nose :)
Easy guys...Nothing wrong with skepticism but she is only relaying info. I've been talking with her for 11 Months and she doesn't push at all.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I doubt they would waste the development costs for a 392, including crash testing to only make 300 units, that is laughable, but tell Kate nice story :)

They will sell as many as there are takers.
Yeah, I’d have to hear a solid reasoning for them to only produce 300.

Looking at their history on Halo vehicles, I don’t see a limit that low... unless it’s a time constraint thing to where the 2022’s will be available soon after launch.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I am skeptical and don't believe she knows anything. Good for her trying but first and foremost they can make a regular JL in like 14 days some are getting them through production. It isn't going to take them 6 months to make a 392, simply no way. The line is already ready to build them so they will be built in the same 14 days. Look at the folks buying them as well, I bet mostly already JL owners so they have the capacity. Instead of a diesel, 3.6 etc they are now just switching to a 392 build. Outside the Jeep community word isn't exactly traveling like wild fire.

Also good luck, Jeep never makes a limited production run other than a trim package or paint. FCA and really the dealers tried the same BS with the GC Trackhawk. Guess what, still making them.

They will make plenty of 392's. Folks that are patient will be getting them for the same X% under invoice that the rest of the JL's are selling for.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
I could see a limited run for 2021 due to Covid supply issues and such... Maybe. But if they did that, they really missed a marketing opportunity. If your limiting the run, make it 392. Then they could add a couple more 392 badges too it as well. Because I'm sure it won't have very many badges that say 392 :)

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
In the U.S. alone, over 2400 dealerships hold franchise rights to sell Jeep-branded vehicles. There are some dealerships allotted none, some one and some as many as ten 392’s for the year. For that reason I would have to add another zero to the original number provided.

Production of +/- 3000 JLU 392’s for 2021 is more like it my opinion.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
They are in business to sell Jeeps, they will make as many as people want. Some dealers may get the first ones, but bet demand will be higher than 3000 and they will make them. Have not heard this limited number.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the U.S. alone, over 2400 dealerships hold franchise rights to sell Jeep-branded vehicles. There are some dealerships allotted none, some one and some as many as ten 392’s for the year. For that reason I would have to add another zero to the original number provided.

Production of +/- 3000 JLU 392’s for 2021 is more like it my opinion.
I own a 2005 LJ 'Rubicon Sahara Unlimited Limited Edition' aka Rubihara. It is one of only 1000 produced. So Jeep will produce a limited edition vehicle that is fewer in number than the number of dealerships they have in the country. But I don't think that is what the 392 will be.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I own a 2005 LJ 'Rubicon Sahara Unlimited Limited Edition' aka Rubihara. It is one of only 1000 produced. So Jeep will produce a limited edition vehicle that is fewer in number than the number of dealerships they have in the country. But I don't think that is what the 392 will be.
Thank you for sharing that piece of history. Found it to be very interesting. Only thing that I would mention is that there were less than 1/2 the amount of Jeep dealerships in the country in 2005 than there are now. I believe 400 or so were added in the last years alone.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing that piece of history. Found it to be very interesting. Only thing that I would mention is that there were less than 1/2 the amount of Jeep dealerships in the country in 2005 than there are now. I believe 400 or so were added in the last years alone.
Thank you for sharing THAT history. That actually blows my mind. Around here all the smaller dealers are getting swallowed up by the big dealers. Twenty or thirty years ago there might have been a couple dozen new car dealers in the metro area (100,000+/- people at the time, now double that). On top of that, nearly every small town a few miles down the road would have a dealership as well. So if you were willing to drive an hour and half (+/-), you could cross shop 50-60 (+/-) new car dealers. If you were only looking at Jeep dealers, there would have been at least a half dozen Jeep dealers within an hour and a half drive. Maybe more. But now, every car dealership in the area is owned by 1 of 5 dealerships. And at least one of those dealerships is actually a dealer out of Minneapolis, 4 hours away. All the small town dealers are gone, swallowed up by the big dealerships. Of the 6-7 Jeep dealers we once had in the area, I think 3 are left within 1 1/2 hour drive. The big dealers with the deep pockets have just wiped out all the competition. I thought that was the national trend. I'm shocked that any brand would have more dealers today than it did 20-30 years ago.

As far as the "Rubihara". It is often considered the "Unicorn" of Jeeps by many because it is so rare. It has a pretty strong following and is holding value slightly better than other Wranglers of the time. A Brief history from the facebook page for those who care:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/232493781710

"In 2005, Paramount released the movie Sahara which featured a Jeep Wrangler. As a way to build off the success of the movie, Jeep released a limited production Sahara Edition Rubicon. Only 1000 were produced and each one is numbered. All of them are visually identical, but some were offered in a manual and others an automatic. They are all Light Khaki Unlimiteds. Trim differences over the standard Rubicon include chrome grill, color matched flares, dual tops, Graphite Moab wheels, a Sahara spare tire cover, upgraded seats, Sahara decals, tail light guards, and a numbered dash badge.

sahara01_1280.jpg

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
I wanted to share a little,(I stress little), update I got from my Dealer a few mins ago, and it only concerns Production Numbers and Wait Times.
My salesperson Kate (who’s awesome)@ https://www.courtesycj.com/ ... called me a few mins ago and told me that there will be a total of 300 Rubicon 392’s produced in 2021 and thus the Production Times could go 6 months.

If anyone near SE PA wants a dealer with great pricing on anything other than the 392, including beating the FCA Tread Lightly discount, reach out to Kate.

Kate is right. Sorta. They are only bringing 300 to our area. MId-Atlantic business center. They are making just over 3k nationwide for 2021. Building them between the last week of January and first week of June. They are going to make just over 9k as a 2022 Model year and order for those will start in March/April of 2021.
Sponsored