KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I must be crazy, but i only get around 15.8 MPG in my 2 Door JLR. Im not sure why, i am super light on the skinny pedal, only main things ive done is new bumpers front and rear, but im no where near the 17-18 you all get. any help or suggestions?
Other than what was already stated I do a lot of anticipation (coasting into stop signs, red lights...).

Is all of your driving in urban settings or are you mostly on open roads (rural)? If mostly city/urban driving I can see the mileage that you are experiencing.
Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm sure I could search and read and then read some more then compile a spread sheet, but I'll admit I'm way to lazy and busy for that! I've owned several Jeeps over the last 19 years so I'm fully aware that I'm drive a vehicle with the arrow dynamics of a cinder block on wheels. I didn't expect good gas millage but 20% bellow advertised on a stock Rubi is a bit more than I expected.

SO here's what I was thinking.

Rubicon only due to different gears tires ride height etc.
Current miles on the vehicle.
Sate you current set up. Lift, tires, added weight!
What fuel do you use. 87, 89, 91, Ethanol???
Where are you from hills or flat land.
Current OVERALL MPG

I bought my JLUR used with 2100 miles and now have about 4600 on it. it is still bone stock. I've tried 87 Ethanol, then switched to non-Ethanol when I can find it. I live in Eastern Iowa with plenty of rolling hills, 1/2 and 1/2 city to Highway.
15.3 MPG is my average 18.2 best with a tail wind, 14.1 worst.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 3.6L MPG. No Sport or Sahara {filename}
About 34,000 miles.
LoD sliders, winch & light bar, so a couple 100# heavier than stock.
87 here.
Northern VA, mostly flat.
Usually 17 mpg on mixed freeway/in town.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
2019 JL Rubicon, 3.6L, 8 speed, hard top, OEM steel bumpers, stock wheels and tires.

Just over 12,000 km's (~7,500 miles) on the Jeep now. I typically run 91 octane (non-ethanol) and I'm getting 17-18 mpg in the city and 23-24 mpg on the highway as long as I stay below 65 mph.

Winter blend fuel drops fuel economy by about 1-1.5 mpg.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I want to say fairly stock, using CC driving around 60 mph with no uphills I could get 23 mpg all highway

With steel bumpers, rock rails, steel tire carrier, mopar 2 inch lift, 315s MT I could get 19-20 mpg using the same method
Sponsored