Rubicon 2021 Price NorCal

NasimD

First Name
Nasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Hi all here is another enthusiastic "Newbie" joining Jeep community! (Trying to join) I am confused with different prices! is $47K is a good price for a basic Rubicon? this price is from Lodi dealer. I appreciate any advise! :)
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
New or used? If new, 9.5% off of MSRP would be a great price for California.

OP
OP
NasimD

NasimD

First Name
Nasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
New or used? If new, 9.5% off of MSRP would be a great price for California.
New one and MSRP that they showed me is $47K but I dont trust the numbers tbh! I want to know if this is the real MSRP for this specific one.... cause I dont know much about options and if this is right MSRP then I can start negotiating on $43K maybe... ?!

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
post the sticker or what they quoted you.

I paid around 7K under msrp for the 20 and 21 in the driveway, but they were optioned.

Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Yes that is the real MSRP for that one. Like you said that is a very lightly optioned one. Mine only has four options, the automatic transmission and hardtop like that one has plus I have proximity entry and the 8.4 inch entertainment system. Mine was 48,800 MSRP and I paid 44,000 plus tax and license. 43,000+ tax and license would be an excellent deal on that one. And while it seems like the majority of people on this forum get highly optionEd Jeep’s, I am perfectly happy with my low optioned Rubicon.

Be sure and lower the tire pressure right away down to the mid 30s and push all the fuses and relays in because they’re usually loose from the factory and can cause electrical glitches.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
....what Glam said above, but spend a moment on the jeep website and look at the options, because some of them are way easier and cheaper from the factory (LED, display, heated seats).

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 2020 JLUR, which was nicely equipped and MSRP was $55k in SoCal. I ultimately got it for $49k. I felt like I got a good deal.

OP
OP
NasimD

NasimD

First Name
Nasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Yes that is the real MSRP for that one. Like you said that is a very lightly optioned one. Mine only has four options, the automatic transmission and hardtop like that one has plus I have proximity entry and the 8.4 inch entertainment system. Mine was 48,800 MSRP and I paid 44,000 plus tax and license. 43,000+ tax and license would be an excellent deal on that one. And while it seems like the majority of people on this forum get highly optionEd Jeep’s, I am perfectly happy with my low optioned Rubicon.

Be sure and lower the tire pressure right away down to the mid 30s and push all the fuses and relays in because they’re usually loose from the factory and can cause electrical glitches.
Thanks Glam! that gives me a good baseline that I am not so far off! I send the dealer an email last night and offered $42,500. Of course he did not answer! Thanks for the advise on tire pressure and I had no clue that some are coming with loose fuses! That is good to know! thank you!

OP
OP
NasimD

NasimD

First Name
Nasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I have a 2020 JLUR, which was nicely equipped and MSRP was $55k in SoCal. I ultimately got it for $49k. I felt like I got a good deal.
$49K is not included the tax and license fee right? :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
NasimD

NasimD

First Name
Nasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
New one and MSRP that they showed me is $47K but I dont trust the numbers tbh! I want to know if this is the real MSRP for this specific one.... cause I dont know much about options and if this is right MSRP then I can start negotiating on $43K maybe... ?!
@Glam, honestly I am a little bit worried about all the price difference and options I am seeing on this car. I know(at least I think I know) that Wrangler and specifically Rubicon are one of the best vehicle when it comes to resale value but I am a little bit concern about selling it. Is is easy to sell a Rubicon and is it true that the depreciation is not much?

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I got a $1000 discount on mine for financing with the dealer. I just refinanced it after four payments and the Kelley blue book value is 52,000 on mine which is 8000 more than what I negotiated it down to. That’s what the bank told me anyways. I also looked it up on Kelley Blue Book a couple of weeks ago and it said the trade-in value is 50,000. So it’s supposedly worth more now than what I paid for it. So yes the resell value has always been and most likely will be one of the top two best out there with the Toyota Tacoma being the other one.
Aldo, the highly optioned ones from my understanding depreciate more than the lesser optionEd ones like what you’re looking at. Basically you pay a lot of money for all the options but when you go to resell you Lose a higher percentage of what you paid.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Welcome Nasim! I got 11% off MSRP at Elk Grove, but that was last year. The sales manager was a pita, but I got my deal.

Wranlgers have historically had fantastic resale value.

Good luck!
Sponsored