Sponsored

Rubicon 15th Anniversary parts in plain sight?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
No doubt Jeep will do something special for Rubicon's 15th birthday and like most Wrangler, "special editions" I bet it will be cosmetic. I wonder if we've been seeing parts/ideas in plain sight:

1. Black Rubicon rims. There have been three Rubicon rims but only two offered on the online configurator. Where are the black Rubicon rims the Hella Yella Wrangler had?

2. 2.0L hood. We've seen pictures of the different hood that we've speculated was unique to the 2.0L engine, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Could this hood be unique to 15th Anniversary Rubicons?

3. Nacho. Nacho has popped up a few times on press releases, Rubicon anniversary only color?

4. CB pre-wire. This was mentioned a few months back but has been silent ever since.

5. Half doors. Will they make an appearance first on anniversary Rubicons?

Anyone seen anything else?
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
4. CB pre-wire. This was mentioned a few months back but has been silent ever since.
I don't see this happening. I think it's one of the rumors that, unfortunately, didn't come true.

5. Half doors. Will they make an appearance first on anniversary Rubicons?
I think Mark Allen said half doors wouldn't be available until 2019 during the LA Auto Show, but I could be mistaken.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I know someone at the show said 2019. Not sure whether it was Mark.
That would be a huge disapointment. My JK is ten years old, and I would only replace it with another half doors.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
What is this other hood? Could someone post the pic here?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Is it confirmed that this is or is not the 2.0 hood? I’m about to order a 2.0, but do NOT like that hood
All Wranglers at the Geneva Auto Show had this hood so I'd say it's more for export vehicles. We haven't see any here in USA, thank god.

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
All Wranglers at the Geneva Auto Show had this hood so I'd say it's more for export vehicles. We haven't see any here in USA, thank god.
Another member posted this video of the guy opening the hood of a 2.0 and it has the regular “good” Rubi hood. Another good sign
Sponsored