Rubi with Black Wheels and Polished Lip

jeepskate

First Name
L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed 6
Other than looks, is there any other reason why someone might want to spend another $895 on the upgraded wheels vs the standard wheels?
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I personally think the "upgraded" wheels are a downgrade but some people love them. Spec wise I think they are the same but I can't confirm weight. I just think the stock ones look way better.

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Usually the upgraded wheels are much more preferred looks wise, not so much on the jl. My guess is more people prefer the look of the standard over the upgraded ones.

Daniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 RAM 1500 SXT, 2018 JLR 2dr Punk'n Metalic 6 Spd
I didn't bother. Just going to black out the stock rubi wheels anyways.

Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the upgraded wheels and love them. They are the same size. Personal preference. Frankly, I let my wife pick them when the Jeep was ordered in January.
E6C0B85D-7807-438E-A7B3-C743A6D0DD6F.jpeg

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I didn't bother. Just going to black out the stock rubi wheels anyways.
I was thinking the same thing until I got mine and saw the wheels in person. The wheels look much more graphite than silver, going to let it be for awhile. They definitely do look nice all blacked out though.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have the upgraded wheels and love them. They are the same size. Personal preference. Frankly, I let my wife pick them when the Jeep was ordered in January.
Yep, I've ordered Punk'n with the black wheels. It will look much better (IMO) than the stock. I think I read somewhere that only 10% of people upgraded so it's also my way of looking a little different, without having to buy new wheels.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I got the upgraded wheels, I thought the polished rim would contrast the ocean blue color nicely. I haven't received my jeep yet (finger crossed next week), and unfortunately while waiting I fell in love with fuel kranks..... so I will immediately be removing the upgrades.
Back to stock topic, I don't think anyone can go wrong with either choice from jeep. I did like the fact that not too many ppl opted for the upgrade, which would make my jeep stand out a bit more (until mods get underway! Fun fun!).

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I just wish they weren’t so much black in the wheels. Kinda overdone. I kinda miss the polished wheels. Again, personal preference but the whole black wheel craze.........enough already. There’s nothing wrong with a little contrast.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition

I think it looks good (didn't order though and wish I had). Is that a step you added or is it a rock rail under the factory rock rail? My wife wants me to add a step to my Rubi but I will need to remove the rock rails and it changes the entire look. I am trying to find an alternative.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look like steps - I like it. Where did you get?

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
While on the Jeep build site in the fall I was having a hard time with the extra $895 for the upgraded wheel even though I liked them a little more. I showed my wife the pictures of each and asked her what she thought. She liked them both and mentioned the standard wheels looked like flowers.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the upgraded wheel.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While on the Jeep build site in the fall I was having a hard time with the extra $895 for the upgraded wheel even though I liked them a little more. I showed my wife the pictures of each and asked her what she thought. She liked them both and mentioned the standard wheels looked like flowers.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the upgraded wheel.

It looks as if you installed a step underneath the rock rails. I need to get something that my wife can step up on to get into the Jeep and I like what you have there as you were able to keep the rock rails on. Where did you get it? Do you have a web site link?
Sponsored