Rubi wheels and 35s on non rubicon axles

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I have installed rubicon takeoff lift and fenders, currently running a 3 piece steel bumper. I just bought rubicon wheels and new 35 KO2s. Looking at Wheels spacers until I find a set of wheels I like. Does anyone have a similar set up? Curious to know how much poke I will get with spidertrax or synergy spacers.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I run the Rubicon wheels without spacers and 315/70/17's and the tire is perfectly in the fender with 2.5" lift. So your poke will likely be exactly what size spacer you get.

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Ohh even with my narrow axles you think? have you had experience with either axles?

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Do i need a new tire carrier? if I get the rubicon carrier will my plastic stock rear bumper allow the tire to fit? So many questions, it seems so silly.

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Do i need a new tire carrier? if I get the rubicon carrier will my plastic stock rear bumper allow the tire to fit? So many questions, it seems so silly.
No the tire carrier you have should be good for a 35. On my JLU Willys I put a set of 35x12.50 nitro ridge grapplers, the spare tire clears the stock plastic bumper just fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
No the tire carrier you have should be good for a 35. On my JLU Willys I put a set of 35x12.50 nitro ridge grapplers, the spare tire clears the stock plastic bumper just fine.
Did your willys come with 33s? I can’t Remember, I know the rubicon carrier is different from the sport, all the stock part difference seem like a production nightmare.

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Did your willys come with 33s? I can’t Remember, I know the rubicon carrier is different from the sport, all the stock part difference seem like a production nightmare.
Mine came with the sport carrier and had 32s. The stock spare tire assembly is adjustable. So you should be fine and have no clearance issues.
Sponsored