Sponsored

Rubi Steel Bumper LED vs Sahara LED? Bracket needed?

OP
OP
mdallas

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Any ideas on specifically what I need to bug the dealer for on the skid plate? @martyb511 do you have a link to the other thread or have specifics on what parts I might need to ask for?

Thanks in advance - this is so helpful.
I would like to know this also! thanks!
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Can anyone who has seen/held both tell me... Aside from the brackets, are the plastic and steel versions of the LED fogs the same? Reason I ask is that I may sell my steel bumper down the road. Most of the aftermarket bumpers I've seen that re-use the factory fogs are designed to fit the plastic bumper version. I'd be curious to know if it would be wise to trade my LED fogs with the Sahara or Sport owner that I sell the bumper to, or are the plastic bumper version of the LEDs somehow inferior to the steel bumper version?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Can anyone who has seen/held both tell me... Aside from the brackets, are the plastic and steel versions of the LED fogs the same? Reason I ask is that I may sell my steel bumper down the road. Most of the aftermarket bumpers I've seen that re-use the factory fogs are designed to fit the plastic bumper version. I'd be curious to know if it would be wise to trade my LED fogs with the Sahara or Sport owner that I sell the bumper to, or are the plastic bumper version of the LEDs somehow inferior to the steel bumper version?
I've actually seen the opposite, where most aftermarket bumpers are designed to fit the steel bumper's fog lights. I'd pick a bumper first, then go with whichever fogs fit it. They are otherwise identical.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Interesting... I read through the install manuals for a couple and they described how to cut the tabs off the steel version's brackets in order to make them fit. It seemed the common thread was the bumper being a redesign of a JK version. I was guessing maybe JK fogs had the same bolt pattern as the plastic bumpered JLs?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Interesting... I read through the install manuals for a couple and they described how to cut the tabs off the steel version's brackets in order to make them fit. It seemed the common thread was the bumper being a redesign of a JK version. I was guessing maybe JK fogs had the same bolt pattern as the plastic bumpered JLs?
Yes, the JK LED fogs are the same as the Rubi/Sahara plastic bumper fogs, but I'm not sure why or how you would trim the steel bumper's tabs off. It only has 2 to begin with.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Did you guys also install the Rubi skid plate? If so how did everything line up? I'm reading from another thread to make sure the L Brackets are included and also something about needing some nutplates....any advice if I'm shopping for a Rubi Steel Bumper?
I would like to know this also! thanks!
I ordered the skid from my dealer with the 15% off coupon code that’s available. I called just now and they said it comes with the L brackets and nutplates. Hoping they’re right - if so, your dealer with the 15% off is a good source, it sounds like.

IowaRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I ordered the skid from my dealer with the 15% off coupon code that’s available. I called just now and they said it comes with the L brackets and nutplates. Hoping they’re right - if so, your dealer with the 15% off is a good source, it sounds like.
I got mine and it came with everything needed to mount it.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of fog light adapter brackets that I bought from Maximus-3, to allow the fogs from non-steel bumpers to fit in the steel bumper. I just don't need the brackets now (never mounted or used).

I'm not looking to make any money, just willing to sell here before I return to Maximus-3. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm in central Ohio and prefer not to ship, but am open to shipping at buyer's expense.

https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-fog-light-adapter-bracket

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Another option is to check out our plug and play Fog light kits for the JL

We offer both the CUBE and the Revolver lights

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
So this bracket is for stock LED fog lights to fit in bumper?
Yep! Stock LED dogs to fit in the steel Mopar bumper.

I need to either sell mine here or return back to Maximus-3... never used it even unpackaged them (I just wound up not needing them).

If anyone is interested, let me know.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yep! Stock LED dogs to fit in the steel Mopar bumper.

I need to either sell mine here or return back to Maximus-3... never used it even unpackaged them (I just wound up not needing them).

If anyone is interested, let me know.
ok heres my delems, the bumper i want only accepts factory halogens, my current bumper is the rubicon plastic with led fog lights, so will this bracket work for mounting my led fog lights in a aftermarket bumper designed for factory halogens?

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So how do you get the light out of the bracket and how does it mount to the other bracket. Im assuming my LED fogs are like this as the part number does not specify steel or plastic bumper?

JDA-Mopar-LED-Fog-Lamp-LH_02_JK_55019-0020.jpg

JDA-Mopar-LED-Fog-Lamp-RH_02_JK_55019-0021.jpg
Sponsored